Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated With AA - Boston to Aruba

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Yeah....and San Juan uses that lovely prop plane.
    Yup - I forgot about that. I had a hard time going up/down the steps of the plane (I'm not young or thin anymore) as you get on/off the plane from the tarmac.

If American doesn't get its act together by next month (when I'll be buying for April 2009), I'm going to drive from Rhode Island to my brother-in-law's in NJ (he doesn't know this yet, I'll leave that to CindyO), parking my car there, and and taking a limo to Newark where I'll fly non-stop to Aruba on Continental.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

I must say that when my wife and I were there in Aug. last year we were on board a large aircraft all the way. We layed over in San Juan and were fortunate not to get a prop plane. I am sure negotiating steps may be a little more difficult as opposed to a jetway. Although there is nothing like getting a blast of the fresh warm air in your face as a welcome to the island after being on the plane...I guess I wouldn't mind that so much if I had to walk down some steps LOL...

Try USAirways

Hey Rob,
    While USAirways is not my favorite as a person close to Philly I am pretty much force to use it and we are flying directly to Aruba in August. I think US has directs from Boston so why not try them. Hey all air carriers stink.

HOW ABOUT WE ALL WRIGHT TO AA AND TELL THEM HOW DISAPPOINTED WE ARE ABOUT FLIGHTS TO ARUBA ??????
    aruba lover 99

45 th trip coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by love aruba 99 View Post
    HOW ABOUT WE ALL WRIGHT TO AA AND TELL THEM HOW DISAPPOINTED WE ARE ABOUT FLIGHTS TO ARUBA ??????

I have and will do again hope all do the same

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    If American doesn't get its act together by next month (when I'll be buying for April 2009), I'm going to drive from Rhode Island to my brother-in-law's in NJ (he doesn't know this yet, I'll leave that to CindyO), parking my car there, and and taking a limo to Newark where I'll fly non-stop to Aruba on Continental.
    I took the non-stop Continental flight 4x's last year to Aruba. It was great. I was on the beach by 2 pm. Only used AA this year to use up some of my AA miles.

I too have been frustrated with AA and decided to go with US Air and I did book at $404.00/person Direct both ways out of Boston, it does look like AA is trying to get rid of all the people that used them in the past.
    Next Aruba trip in

Last year in August we were booked on AA to leave at 8:00 o'clock AM so we got to the airport at 5:00 AM and stood in line for about twenty min. and you knew something was wrong and all of a sudden the said the flight was cancelled and we did not get out until 1:00 PM on a US Air flight didn't get home until midnight and to top it all off AA lost our bags what a disaster.
    Next Aruba trip in

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Well, the good news is AA is back in the market with their non-stops to aruba. The info was thanks to someone who posted on this site...SO, don't remember your name, but my husband is now very HAPPY !!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast