Aruba Beach
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By cindyo
  • 1 Post By gaby
  • 3 Post By PawPaw

Thread: Global Entry

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

Global Entry

I did want to mention how quickly we got through the airport on Friday. Lines were backed up at all "stops".
    i would say that this little gem for $100 saved us about 45 minutes....
    Prorated out per year that cost us $10 ..... No brainer for us..

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I agree, Cindyo. We got to the kiosk, only ones there while everyone was waiting for the other kiosks. then went to customs line just for global entry, no one there. everyone was waiting for custom agents in the snake line. definitely worth the money.

Thanks for the follow up on this
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I've been trying to figure this out. Could anyone be so kind as to walk me through arriving and departing Aruba airport? Having global entry and TSA precheck, in which lines will I be expedited and in which lines will I be in with everyone else? (Aruba immigration?) Is there any reason I will need to check in at the airport if I am not checking bags? Does United not allow online check and printing boarding passes online for flights from Aruba to the U.S.? If I'm not checking in, where is the first place I should go in the airport? (Bottom line: trying to figure out how early to arrive for a Monday 5:45 pm departure on a non-holiday weekend, though it is high season) Thank you!!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    We fly united and do not check bags. Yes, you can print your boarding pass out 24 hours prior to departure from Aruba. When you get to the airport, instead of going in the building, you go to the side but if you've never been before, go in the building where the counters are and walk through the side door to the immigration line. The Aruba part does not care you have Global Entry. After immigration & Aruba security, here's where global entry comes into play. You go into the room where people are collecting their luggage so they can recheck it (don't ask). Since you are not checking luggage, go right to the door to the other room. To the left are all kiosks for those without global entry. Against the wall straight ahead are probably about 2 or 3 kiosks for the global entry people. After that you go to the customs line BUT, the customs line for global entry is the last one to the right where there are no lines. do not get in the snaking lines, that's for those without global entry. once through there, you still have to put your carry on bag on the conveyor belt for US security. We figured we cut out about 40 minutes from the line. It doesn't help for the Aruba part, only the US part. Definitely worth it. We left on Sunday, it was Dec 15th, flight at 5 pm. got to the airport at 2:30, took us 22 minutes from start to sitting at One Happy Bar. My husband still won't let me forget it, lol. I would think if your flight is at 5:45 on a monday, you probably could be very safe being at the airport at 3:30. Don't forget, they will start letting you on the plane at 5:15

1st stop: Aruba Immigration
    2nd stop: Aruba Security
    3rd Stop: Pick up luggage (if any checked)
    4th Stop: Global Entry Kiosk
    5th Stop: US Custom/Immigration Counter
    6th Stop: US Security ( No TSA pre-check as of Nov.)( Hope that changes)
    7th Stop: One Happy Bar
    Don't miss your plane