Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Global Entry card

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

Global Entry card

Who can tell me what this Global l Entry card will do for my in Aruba?

I understand Europe but what about customs leaving Aruba

Aruba since 1979
    From what i read, it will pretty much do nothing for you in Aruba.
    You will still follow the same path as everyone else til you get into the US CUSTOMS area at the Aruba airport.
    Once there, you will use the Global Entry Machines and others who do not have Global Entry will use the other machines.

Now, at this point, i am unsure if the Global Entry people then just proceed to luggage drop off or if they have to check in with a customs officer, like everyone else.

Anyway, i am sure though you have read the Global entry thing I am posting, but maybe others have not.

from the US Customs and Border Patrol website:
    Global Entry

Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States. Members enter the United States through automatic kiosks at select airports.
    At airports, program members proceed to Global Entry kiosks, present their machine-readable passport or U.S. permanent resident card, place their fingerprints on the scanner for fingerprint verification and complete a customs declaration. The kiosk issues the traveler a transaction receipt and directs the traveler to baggage claim and the exit.
    Travelers must be pre-approved for the Global Entry program. All applicants undergo a rigorous background check and in-person interview before enrollment.
    While Global Entry’s goal is to speed travelers through the process, members may still be selected for further examination when entering the United States. Any violation of the program’s terms and conditions will result in the appropriate enforcement action and termination of the traveler’s membership privileges.

Unless someone out there has pesonal experience using a GOES card to and from Aruba....the only way we'll know for certain what it does will be to experience it ourselves. We will soon, and will report back.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

When we were there in February, we were in line next to a family whose father had the Global entry card. The customs line for the regular kiosks was back into the luggage room. The father chose to stay with his family until we got through the doors of customs. I'm not sure he really had to Wait there but he did. When we made it in, he went off to the right side wall and did the global kiosks. We lost track of them after so I don't know what happened next. It's seems to me from what we saw that the time saved would be between your luggage pick up and getting through Customs, but all other check points will be the same. Hopefully someone with actual experience will respond.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, San Nicholas, Oranjestad, Noord.. Basically the whole dang island!
    We just got our GOES card... and will be returning back to the States the end of Nov. If I recall on our last return trip, when you enter into the "US customs" area you go into a line (to the left), and have to wait for a kiosk (without GOES).. the last time I did notice, to the right 2 GOES kioskis. I will be sure to let you know if it is any faster! I don't think Aruba Airport (both US and Aruba security) has TSA Pre Check.. so we won't be taking advantage of that feature...

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    .going in Sept so I'll let you know😀

Quote Originally Posted by EdandLiz View Post
    We just got our GOES card... and will be returning back to the States the end of Nov. If I recall on our last return trip, when you enter into the "US customs" area you go into a line (to the left), and have to wait for a kiosk (without GOES).. the last time I did notice, to the right 2 GOES kioskis. I will be sure to let you know if it is any faster! I don't think Aruba Airport (both US and Aruba security) has TSA Pre Check.. so we won't be taking advantage of that feature...

What about TSA pre-check , does that help in anyway in Aruba.

Aruba since 1979
    no not in aruba.
    Quote Originally Posted by tofare View Post
    What about TSA pre-check , does that help in anyway in Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    no not in aruba.
    We've used it twice - much quicker. Pick up your bags (as normal) and proceed to a dedicated kiosk for global entry. Once you are scanned (finger prints and facial recognition) you go to a dedicated line with a custom's officer. MUCH faster.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to your first aruba.com posting

Dk you quoted me "no not in aruba"
    i was referring to the question that to fare asked "What about TSA pre-check , does that help in anyway in Aruba."

Quote Originally Posted by dknataitis View Post
    We've used it twice - much quicker. Pick up your bags (as normal) and proceed to a dedicated kiosk for global entry. Once you are scanned (finger prints and facial recognition) you go to a dedicated line with a custom's officer. MUCH faster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast