Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Global Entry just applied

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

Global Entry just applied

Rob and I sat down this evening and processed our Global Entry application( GOES)

It took about 25 minutes to process the whole thing.

Heres a few tips for you if you decide to apply for it
    1. Have your passport and license in front of you
    2. Have your credit card in front of you
    3. Have paper and pen avail to jot down your newly created User ID and password
    4. Be prepared for 3 security questions ie; first address, fathers occupation, fav vacation location

it is a bit difficult to find the application as you are in and out of applying site. They really made you search for the actual application. It's not clearly marked.

You do not receive an A-OK you are approved but have to go back to the site and enter your new GOES ID and check there for approval, then you can schedule your interview.

Be prepared to pay $100 for application.

i shall update as I await my approval and interview and how long it takes

Aruba since 1979
    Excellent. Thanks Cindy!

Yes... keep us updated Cindy! We are considering as well!

Be prepared for the fact that your interview will be months down the road.

I've been doing some reading on this. This info is copied from thepointsguy.com and gives ways to get the fee reimbursed
    How To Get Global Entry Refunded/Reimbursed

If you have the Amex Platinum, Mercedex-Benz Platinum or Business Platinum (or Centurion) cards, you can get the fee for Global Entry refunded to you as a statement credit. Even better, the fee is also refunded to additional cardholders, and the annual fee for up to three additional Platinum cardholders is just $175 ($175 per cardholder after that), so if just two of your friends/family members gets Global Entry, you’ll earn that fee back and then some. Amex covers the Global Entry fee once per cardholder every five years, so that means renewals are reimbursed as well-it’s not just a one time deal! Note: if you already have Global Entry, you can pay the fee for anyone you know and it will get reimbursed as long as you use your eligible card- I recently tried that with a friend and I got the rebate a day later- it does not appear that they cross-reference the name.

Holders of the new Citi Prestige card can also get the fee refunded. Finally, eligible Global Services, MileagePlus Premier 1K and MileagePlus Premier Platinum members will also be refunded for Global Entry.

Finally, if you are a Delta Diamond Medallion or a Delta Platinum Medallion member you can select Global Entry as one of your Choice Benefits (two $100 vouchers for Diamond, one $100 voucher for Platinum).

Read more: http://thepointsguy.com/2014/05/glob...#ixzz3dJBrl6rm
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Congratulations on your application, Cindy & Rob! You are lucky because there is an enrollment center for the interviews located right in Warwick RI near the airport - so a very convenient location. Their appointment schedule is not that full so you should be able to schedule an interview fairly quickly (within a few weeks) after your initial approval (you will receive your first approval notification by email after a few days). When you schedule the interview appointment, keep in mind that you can return to the website daily and check the appointment calendar to see if new earlier appointment times opened up. If so, you can change your appointment day/time based on availability. Many people cancel and change their appointments so the schedule will open up and change daily. My husband and I were able to get an appointment for an interview within a week of our application by filling a cancelled interview spot.

I obviously haven't done my research so I'll ask, What is the advantage of Global Entry? Yesterday we came home from Vegas on Jet Blue. They had us on TSA precheck so the security line was expedited. No need to take off shoes etc. We made it to the gate in about 10 minutes. Also when we went to Aruba last month, security was expedited because of the extra room seat purchase. Just wondering if Global Entry is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by rpumpire View Post
    Be prepared for the fact that your interview will be months down the road.
    Heard recently they are pretty quick
    our local office is fairly close to us
    ah, don't need it for a few months snyway😀

We've been doing a lot of international travel lately and after that 1.5 hr wait in Logan for immigrations and customs ( which could have been avoided) we decided to go for it.

a few things it does; TSA approval, passport renewal free with card( 5 yr renewal) and go to the head of the customs line. Please someone clarify if I am wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I obviously haven't done my research so I'll ask, What is the advantage of Global Entry? Yesterday we came home from Vegas on Jet Blue. They had us on TSA precheck so the security line was expedited. No need to take off shoes etc. We made it to the gate in about 10 minutes. Also when we went to Aruba last month, security was expedited because of the extra room seat purchase. Just wondering if Global Entry is worth it.

Thanks Cindy. If we had a 1.5 hour wait I'm sure I would be tempted as well!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast