Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: GLOBAL ENTRY @ US Customs ARUBA Airport

Aruba since 1979

GLOBAL ENTRY @ US Customs ARUBA Airport

http://www.cbp.gov/global-entry/about

It might be a bit confusing and congested at first, but it is an improvement for those willing to spend the annual $100 pp fee.

Attachment 3337
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GLOBAL ENTRY @ US Customs ARUBA Airport-10698480_10152526891769562_2812499280909742628_n.jpg  

I believe that's actually a photo of the APC (Automated Passport Control) kiosk which are now up and running and located in the U.S. Customs area. They are different than Global Entry and they are available for ALL passengers to use (no fee required.) Most of the U.S. airports have them in their customs area now. We used one at the Minneapolis Airport in Aug. when we returned from Italy. Quick and easy!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Got it. Was hoping this was a Global Entry / Nexus lane to expedite the process. There are some improvements taking place throughout the airport . . . which is welcomed.

Aruba since 1979
    GLOBAL ENTRY @ US Customs ARUBA Airport-10517640_861859947169676_4218154287978027940_o.jpg

The Aruba airport has the Automated Passport Machines AND Global Entry Machines up and running.
    Here is a photo of a USCUSTOMS officer at one of the Global Entry machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    http://www.cbp.gov/global-entry/about

It might be a bit confusing and congested at first, but it is an improvement for those willing to spend the annual $100 pp fee.
    Hi,
    I've never used Global Entry at a pre-clearance airport at AUA before. Do I have to reclaim my bags at customs and recheck or they will show up on the monitor like at Toronto preclearance?

Thanks.

Aruba since 1979
    In aruba I think so but not certain

welcome to aruba.com community forum

Quote Originally Posted by ngoc16 View Post
    Hi,
    I've never used Global Entry at a pre-clearance airport at AUA before. Do I have to reclaim my bags at customs and recheck or they will show up on the monitor like at Toronto preclearance?

Thanks.
    Are you flying from Aruba to Toronto in this scenario? As of November, the Global Entry is implemented in the AUA US terminal only - we didn't see automated passport control OR Global Entry (i.e. NEXUS) in the non-USA terminal when we flew out at the end of November.

But you can use automated passport control and NEXUS when you arrive at Pearson - if you're connecting through Toronto, you'll still need to claim your bags for the transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Are you flying from Aruba to Toronto in this scenario? As of November, the Global Entry is implemented in the AUA US terminal only - we didn't see automated passport control OR Global Entry (i.e. NEXUS) in the non-USA terminal when we flew out at the end of November.

But you can use automated passport control and NEXUS when you arrive at Pearson - if you're connecting through Toronto, you'll still need to claim your bags for the transfer.
    I'm flying from Aruba to US. I was wondering if the pre-clearance US customs process is the same as Toronto to US. Do I check my bags at the airline counter at AUA and then claim them at customs and recheck the bags again?

Thanks.

We just returned from Aruba yesterday. When you get into US Customs and walk through the door, to the right are the global entry kiosks which had no one in line, and to the left are the Passport kiosks which had a good sized line. My husband has global entry and I do not so he went with me through the kiosks. It scans your passport, takes your picture, and asks you the custom form questions about whether you have any food with you etc so you don't have to fill out a form any more. Then it prints a receipt with your picture. You go through the customs line to see an agent. The agent asked us the country of our citizenship, if we had anything to declare, where we stayed and took the picture receipt. That took less than 10 seconds and we were on our way to collect our bags to drop off luggage on the airline belt and go through the second security point. For this trip we were the first flight out on Delta so shorter lines than a later flight. I would guess global entry would have saved us 20 minutes or so. I should have had him go through that line and time how long it took me to come through.
    Last edited by AhhAruba; 12-22-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Is anyone there to assist you? We only travel once a year to Aruba.. We're not very savvy travelers...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast