Aruba Beach

Thread: Good price for airfare?

Good price for airfare?

Hi, everyone. I've never been to Aruba, but am planning for a trip this May. I'm looking at airfares, and I have no idea what a good price is out of NYC. I see that Continental has a nonstop, roundtrip itinerary out of Newark for $457 including taxes. Is that good? Do you think fares will go down for early May?

That sounds about average for that time of yyear-probably will not go much lower. Since Continental is currently the only one flying direct from Newark, i would grab those tickets as the price can jump if the demand goes up.

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    you might want to waite and checkout the nonstops on jet blue from jfk. right now jb is booking flights thru april 30 but May should open up soon. regardless, that's a fair price and for peace of mind, go for it!

Continental non-stop, that is very fair.

Radisson Resort, chilling out on the beach for 8 hours per day
    I always book with Continental about 340 days before we go to Aruba and I have found over the years that the closer I got to the date we were leaving the airfares were higher. We just booked with Continental for July and with taxes and all other fees it was $431.00 RT per person. By the way we flight out of Newark

Thanks everyone. I thought maybe it would be best to hold out until Jet Blue releases their fares, but I'm getting a great price on a package at the Westin for my dates on expedia, with the direct Continental flights. It's only $1888 for 2 people for 8 nights. This is a good deal, right?

I would try Player Choices Tours, 1-800-79-ARUBA. This is there offer right now Travel Dates 4/9/12 -12/22/12 8 days 7 rights $1349 PP includes, gruestroom, non stop air, breakfast buffet daily, lunch daily any entree, $200 beverage credit per room, $200 Match play chips per room, 2 $25 spa credits per room, roundtrip transfers, all hotel, air and departure taxes. We use them every year for our vaacations in Aruba, you will not get a better price anywhere. The gentlemens name is Guy, he only does Aruba vacations. This offer is for the Radisson, which is one of the more beautiful resorts on the island. Let me know how you make out.

Quote Originally Posted by bgmouse View Post
    I would try Player Choices Tours, 1-800-79-ARUBA. This is there offer right now Travel Dates 4/9/12 -12/22/12 8 days 7 rights $1349 PP includes, gruestroom, non stop air, breakfast buffet daily, lunch daily any entree, $200 beverage credit per room, $200 Match play chips per room, 2 $25 spa credits per room, roundtrip transfers, all hotel, air and departure taxes. We use them every year for our vaacations in Aruba, you will not get a better price anywhere. The gentlemens name is Guy, he only does Aruba vacations. This offer is for the Radisson, which is one of the more beautiful resorts on the island. Let me know how you make out.

I actually tried Guy, and he quoted me $880 per person + airfare for the Radisson, and only breakfast daily and $200 beverage credit. No lunch or roundtrip transfers. I do like the Radisson better than the Westin (based on reading reviews), but the Westin is much cheaper at this time.

I just received this quote the other day so if you talked to him before that I would try to call him again. It was a postcard that I received this week with all the info on it from him.