Aruba Beach

Thread: grouchy ground personnel

grouchy ground personnel

are you noticing surliness of air line ground personnel (desk, Gate, etc.) or do they just not like me and my family?

Aruba since 1979
    in aruba i have always found them to be quite friendly....just the opposite of what your posat says

at logan airport i find everyone quite surly.
    then again, when i am at logan dealing with the surliness, it is usually before 6 am and everyone is quite ugly at that early hour.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by sccromer View Post
    are you noticing surliness of air line ground personnel (desk, Gate, etc.) or do they just not like me and my family?

Given the amount of abuse the gate agents get every day, I have no idea how they restrain themselves from killing someone on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by sccromer View Post
    Are you talking about in Aruba? Never really noticed it, then again usually on our last day I am a complete grouch so I doubt any of them are worse then me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Given the amount of abuse the gate agents get every day, I have no idea how they restrain themselves from killing someone on a daily basis.
    I could not agree more! What a thankless job.
    Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    Are you talking about in Aruba? Never really noticed it, then again usually on our last day I am a complete grouch so I doubt any of them are worse then me.
    I know we were chatting with a gate agent at the Delta counter in Aruba and she said they are just contract employees making minimum wages. Do benefits, no perks. Not exactly glam.

Compared to the rudeness of some of the departing tourists I would rate the ground personnel as exceptionally cordial. Although I might be mistaken (I tend to not dwell on unpleasant experiences encountered while vacationing), I don't recall ever having been treated inappropriately by the gate attendants/ground personnel. Then again, I normally put on my happy face!
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Kicking back and relaxing for two weeks, on the beach.. Jewelry Shopping and the Alhambra...........

Well Must be like you said, they dont like you!!! I'm joking!!!

They are always nice and polite. Once a man at customs had to tell a little girl she couldn't bring her coconut home.. He really hated to do it.. You should of seen her face...
    No complaints here, maybe someone was having a bad day, it happens... I usually try to make people talk, even if they dont want to... They'll get over it...

I agree with all that most of the time are nice, but I have also incountered some rude people and it doe not matter if it was 1st thing in the morning or later. That job is awful to do especially no benefits minum wage and you have to listen how the tourist is sad to leave, in the meantime they would like to leave and find a better job I am sure .

However overall they are nice, and helpful.

My flight out ended up being delayed six hours on Saturday and some of the passengers were absolutely brutal to the ticket agents. Then again the one girl refused to honor my first class voucher and was incredibly rude when I asked. Fortunately I was invited to jump up front shortly after we were airborne.