Aruba Beach

Thread: Group Excursion

Group Excursion

Has anyone done a group excursion with any of the airlines for discount? Was it worth it? How does the process work?
    Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Aruba since 1979
    do you mean booking as a group?

when our son was in high school he was in a "show choir" that traveled.
    all of the plane trips were done as a group.
    takes some planning and the discounts are not all that great.........at least the trips that i planned for the group. (orlando, indiana, DC)
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Lovely3457 View Post
    Has anyone done a group excursion with any of the airlines for discount? Was it worth it? How does the process work?

I heard the same thing - that is really isnt much of a difference ....
    Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Hi

I had looked into this for our wedding in April and was looking to see if there was a group rate or discount and flying through United was actually going to cost around 300.00 more per ticket per person. So we are just all going to book our own. I was just trying to get most everyone on the same flights and sitting together but I thought if we had bought 'x' amount of tickets there would be some discount-no go. That was flying United out of Minnesota though.

MK1
    I looked into a group rate with Continental and the price quote that I was given was higher than what was on the website for individual tickets (I think it was about $50 dollars higher). The rep said that this was because they lock in the price for you (therefore no price fluctuations) and I could have this set price until a deadline of 2 months before our flight (or something like that). In the end we decided that it wasn't worth it and just booked it ourselves.
    Aruba trip #1: Jan 2010
    Aruba trip #2: May 2010
    Aruba trip #3: coming up!

Aruba