Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Handicapped aua airport assistance

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    The people that operate the wheel chairs in Aua do not work for the airline. They work for the airport. At least the ones that helped us did because we asked. They took my DW from check in , through both customs lines, assisted with baggage at U S customs and took her all the way to the gate. On arrival they took her from the plane, through customs and to baggage claim. They would have taken her outside but she decided to walk from the baggage claim area. We gave them a nice tip.
    Last edited by arubabob; 08-08-2016 at 02:03 AM.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    The people that operate the wheel chairs in Aua do not work for the airline. They work for the airport. At least the ones that helped us did because we asked. They took my DW from check in , through both customs lines, assisted with baggage at U S customs and took her all the way to the gate. On arrival they took her from the plane, through customs and to baggage claim. They would have taken her outside but she decided to walk from the baggage claim area. We gave them a nice tip.
    You are correct. They do not work for the airlines. But they are not standing around with wheelchairs so you do have to ask an airport personnel if you see one in the Lobby The porter should know who to ask for assistance. Or ask the airline agent for the wheelchair. When I use to fly with AA, there was always an AA agent directly passengers of what line to get into.

Aruba since 1979
    moved to the Airline, Airtravel category

[/URL]

American and Delta have both been terrific with wheelchair passengers. An airline representative will take care of everything, including pushing the wheelchair. I often wondered why they don't just give the wheelchair to a family member and say, "here you go, just push", but they know where the elevators are, they know which line to get into for handheld scanners etc.

I replied to your question on TA as to the procedure.

email for airport assistance

I was wondering does anyone have a email of where i can get wheelchair assitance,, when i was there last time and Bully dropped us of at airport to head home, he was going crazy to try and get me wheelchair assistance attention at united airlines, finally some agent came from behind the counter , got a wheelchair from where i don't know and than only brought me inside where than had to wait again for someone to bring us in..( altogether , just a about a hour to start the going in process ) it was just crazy and this year its myself and husband that need wheelchairs, so hoping i could write to someone

Aruba since 1979
    since your question directly relates to this thread, i merged your question into this thread.
    you may want to read some of the replies

i think you need to notify your airline 1st of the need of a wheelchair

and then here is the contact to airport http://www.airportaruba.com/contact-us

as most everyone on this thread has said...it appears to be easy to get a wheelchair and get assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    I was wondering does anyone have a email of where i can get wheelchair assitance,, when i was there last time and Bully dropped us of at airport to head home, he was going crazy to try and get me wheelchair assistance attention at united airlines, finally some agent came from behind the counter , got a wheelchair from where i don't know and than only brought me inside where than had to wait again for someone to bring us in..( altogether , just a about a hour to start the going in process ) it was just crazy and this year its myself and husband that need wheelchairs, so hoping i could write to someone

[/URL]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12