Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Has Air Canada gone mad???

Air Canada flies only on Saturday and Sunday. During peak season is when the flights are crazy. I had priced Dec. 21st to Jan. 4th the most expensive time. Prior to Dec. 21st the flights are considered off season.

Here's same routing from where I live coming via Toronto to Aruba on Air Canada almost $2900

compared to US air via Charlotte $933!!!! Just doesn't make sense!!!
    HMMM... which one will I book?

They wonder why AC is always having financial troubles?
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Andrea

Lets put it this way....There is no way I will pay that. There are other options.

Aruba since 1979
    what airline/s are you flying for your march trip randi?

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Air Canada flies only on Saturday and Sunday. During peak season is when the flights are crazy. I had priced Dec. 21st to Jan. 4th the most expensive time. Prior to Dec. 21st the flights are considered off season.

Here's same routing from where I live coming via Toronto to Aruba on Air Canada almost $2900

compared to US air via Charlotte $933!!!! Just doesn't make sense!!!
    HMMM... which one will I book?

They wonder why AC is always having financial troubles?

USair and I paid $683, which is amazing. I bought the ticket in November so I was surprised to get such a good price. However, I am leaving on a Sunday and returning on a Thursday so that makes a difference.

We have been traveling for years on USAIR due to cost. We only traveled on Air Canada when I could get a points ticket (we have had a number of points tickets on usair and united too). No competition for AC, so no reason to lower airfares. Now westjet is getting more routes within and outside of Canada so we thought this might help with pricing. Unfortunately, not so!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Air Canada Gone Mad?

The reply to that question can take on many forms beyond pricing

That's why we LOVE www.westjet.com . . . it makes at least ONE direct option from Toronto for scheduled service. Also grateful we are 1.5 hour driving distance from Buffalo
    Michael

Randi, I was going to suggest a drive to buffalo if you are not too far....I see you have flown usair though...does that mean you do drive to the u.s. or can you get a flight in toronto on usair ????
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Randi, I was going to suggest a drive to buffalo if you are not too far....I see you have flown usair though...does that mean you do drive to the u.s. or can you get a flight in toronto on usair ????
    Because we don't live in Toronto there is no option of a direct flight so whatever airline we take we must have one stop/2 flights to get to Aruba. That's life for us...

My point is that since we have to take two flights, we will not go AC due to the excessive price for flights to Aruba. Therefore, we use US carriers as they cost far less than our national airline. We do not drive to the US, we fly to Charlotte (or Philadelphia or Washington, to name a few options) and go from that city direct to Aruba. Cost is more than half of what AC charges.

We have good friends who go to Aruba with us yearly and they live in Toronto, although AC has direct flights, once again they will not pay the hefty price. They fly USAIR or Delta. As discussed on another thread, WestJet is a new airline in Canada which is taking on "speed" here and hopefully, will give AC a bit of a run for its money. Unfortunately, as discussed, they are late in announcing their flights to Aruba past October 2013. We book our flights now for xmas due to cost increases as flights fill up so we do not have the luxury of waiting to see when West Jet decides to upload their Aruba flights and prices.

The point of Aquaman's thread is that the Airline "has gone mad" if they think people are really going to pay that kind of money when there are so many other options available. My response(s) is just to show that there are other options that we have used and many people are. Air Canada needs to step back and jump back into reality if it wants to succeed when there is competition. Pricing isn't the only issue with this airline, there are so many other areas of stupidity when one compares this airline to others. It is just us Canadians venting about our "wonderful" National Airline!!!

Clearly Air Canada practices the P. T. Barnum school of air fare pricing. That is, "There's a sucker born every minute."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12