Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heightened Security at Queen Beatrix Airport

Last Saturday when we left Aruba, while standing at the gate TRYING to get to the bag search,mad rush, some people just won't move out of the way...I guess they don't know how they start loading a jet, after first class it's the back of the plane, moving forward according to seat numbers, that's the way at Cont. I just can't believe the amount of carryon. I better stop...I'll get carried away....sorry

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    My thoughts..."Do whatever ya gotta do to keep my family and I safe"...

Quote Originally Posted by hvy747 View Post
    I just can't believe the amount of carryon.
    The number of carry on bags has soared since airlines started charging for bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    The number of carry on bags has soared since airlines started charging for bags.
    My opinion, and that only...

In my OP http://www.aruba.com/forum/f33/heightened-security-queen-beatrix-airport-42787/#post160437 one of my points was that out of consideration for your fellow passengers, since everyone is in this together, to try to "plan" your carry on strategy a bit better.

The pat down did not hold up the boarding process it was the emptying of each carry on and then re-packing.

While waiting for our flight to depart, people on the flight ahead of us were yelling at anyone would listen about the long line and having to go through such a lengthy process. I guess they couldn't see the people with full size carry ons being unpacked and yes many were full of clothes.

I understand both sides. People don't want to pay to check luggage, the airlines are charging fees in order to stay in business.

Our government is ultimately going to make the decision on the amount of security required, but imo, out of consideration for your fellow passengers don't belly ache about the line if you are one of the folks who will be holding up the line yourself.

Either that or only travel where you can drive to and you will avoid all airport waits and delays all together. We stopped flying to Florida after 911 and now drive. Timewise, driving is only a few hours more, airport commutes, wait times (without any delays)and flight time- 7 1/2 hours vs. 10 driving. Cars imo are more comfortable than an airplane, it is much less expensive and we can bring as much luggage as we can fit. Or in our case, as much Trader Joe's 2 buck Chuck as we think my Mom can drink.

<<sigh>> Unfortunately it is not possible to drive to Aruba.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6043Y420100105
    Canada to use full-body scanners for U.S. flights

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100105/D9D1FGIO1.html
    Spotty enforcement for new US air screening rules

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123