Aruba Beach
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By ~Amy~
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa

Thread: help with Delta

help with Delta

After waiting many years Delta has returned flying from my city to Atlanta which will enable us to get to Aruba this way (not home without an overnight). I looked at the price and it is really expensive. A few years back I recall booking a flight for my son to Aruba but from another city and it was a really good price. It was booked in the spring.

With many of the other airlines the best price is as soon as it's loaded in the system. Some test the market at a higher price and then may lower. For those of you who travel to Aruba via Delta, does the price go down after awhile?
    Last edited by Randi; 02-05-2016 at 11:32 PM.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    ~amy flies delta often , she may be the one to ask.

Okay, Aruba Amy... I await your response!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

We got a good price on Delta once but they changed our connection in Atlanta to only 45 minutes after we booked and there was no way I was chancing that. I've noticed that from my area the Delta prices are no longer competitive with American. That's from the DC airports, but my friends flew out if Richmond and got one of the best package prices I've ever seen from Delta vacations. They booked about 4-5 months out.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 02-06-2016 at 04:32 AM.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

For our Aruba trips (we always use Delta) I never book more than 4 months in advance to get the best fares. Usually it's around 3-4 months prior when fares will drop. Also, the best time to look at fares is from Tues-Thurs. This is the time you'll see their fares drop and then they usually go back up again from Friday - Monday. In all my years of using Delta to Aruba only ONCE did I ever see their fare drop on a Saturday (and it was for a NYE trip, only about 2 months out from our travel dates.) This info is just what I have gathered over many years and it's from flights from MSP to AUA (connection thru ATL.) Other markets/areas could be completely different.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I suggest using google flights, save your itinerary and check back often. Also the hopper app notifies you of price changes and suggests whether to book or wait.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

For Delta from Atlanta, the five times we have traveled at Christmas we have never seen a price drop.

Thanks for the info. Right now Delta (through Atlanta) is over $300 more than United and $800 more than WestJet all priced out for travel on Dec. 24th. Other dates Delta is significantly more money than United as well.

We were so happy to see that Delta now provided a 6am flight to Atlanta so we could have another option to get to Aruba. American canceled our flight to Charlotte which was our preferred route to Aruba. Unfortunately, unless Delta gets their pricing in line this will not be a viable option. I am going to keep an eye on their pricing. This is so disappointing!

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Thanks for the info. Right now Delta (through Atlanta) is over $300 more than United and $800 more than WestJet all priced out for travel on Dec. 24th. Other dates Delta is significantly more money than United as well.

We were so happy to see that Delta now provided a 6am flight to Atlanta so we could have another option to get to Aruba. American canceled our flight to Charlotte which was our preferred route to Aruba. Unfortunately, unless Delta gets their pricing in line this will not be a viable option. I am going to keep an eye on their pricing. This is so disappointing!
    We flew American this past Christmas/New Years from Atlanta through Miami. First class seats on American were $300 less per person than coach on Delta. In the end, Delta ended up going up instead of down. Supply and demand.