Aruba Beach

Thread: how early to get to airport on a Wednesday

Question how early to get to airport on a Wednesday

Much of what I've read here says to be at the airport 3 hours prior to departure. I have a 2:50p.m. departure on a Wednesday in June. I've booked Bully, and he scheduled a 12:00 noon pickup. We're at the Radisson.

Is 2:50 enough time to go from the Radisson and get checked in, or should I ask Bully to meet us at 11:30 or 11:00?

Thanks

We were there last week - Monday to Monday. I was nervous about that also. We had Bully pick us up at 1pm for a 3:15 flight. We were at the Divi, which is closer to the airport. We got to the airport about 1:15, breezed through check-in and customs and were at the gate at 1:45. We always go Mon-Mon and have never had a problem.

If Bully picks you up at noon time and your departure is at 2:50 you have more than enough time. When Bully picks you up ask him how much time i give him before my departure when i take off. You will laugh and I stress him out. I hate spending time in airports. Just a few tips, bring a pen, if line is long for check in ask an agent for a form for us customs from someone at any ticket counter not busy. Fill out form while waiting in line, get extra us customs form and use them for next trip. Dont waste anytime and go through check points and retrieve your luggage before us customs. At the gates they have bars, shopping, restrooms, slot machines, sell liquor etc... Wednesday is not a big travel day either

Thanks. One omission - I'll be travelling with a 4 and 7 year old. I had given Bully the departure times and he scheduled the hotel pickup, so I figured it'd be OK. Just wanted to double-check.

John

John dont worry or stress I have nine year old and drive them crazy on travel days. You have more than enough time and 2 hours from hotel u will still make it no problem. I will be arriving on tuesday and at raddison gym at 3 for an hour if u have any concerns come see me. mark