Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: How was the food on your flight?

SWA only gives two tiny snacks. But we usually eat prior to boarding and sometimes bring snacks on board in case somebody gets hungry.

I am jealous that so many of you fly first class, lol. I have "upgraded" to the extra leg seating but that is a close to first class as I have traveled.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Never flown first class. Maybe someday!

I always have a bunch of snacks in my "Mommy bag". We usually eat breakfast in the airport before our flight to AUA. On the way home we stop at Duty Free and buy snacks & gouda for the flight back
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

United-worse coffee ever,pound of sugar could not make it better

I miss Continental when we used to get snacks & somewhat decent food on domestic flights!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Last month when we flew down and back in first, the food really surprised me, it was good. Over the years we have brought stuff on board and ate on the way down.

We pretty much always fly first class to Aruba, leaving from Rochester NY.

The first flight en route to our layover doesn't always have a business class, smaller regional jet.
    Actually the food is not bad, on any of the airlines, my favorite without question American Airlines, my reason
    they serve TITO'S VODKA, where others serve that cheaper brand..

We always bring our own mixer, crystal light, pink lemonade.
    I also bring enough for the time in Aruba, this last trip, we went thru 10 boxes,
    had lots of company and endless supply of grey goose. lol

I love flying, sipping cocktails and listening to music..
    Counting down OCT 15....

We fly business class on Air Camada.

On the way down, it's a spinach and cheese omelette with sausage and relatively fresh rolls or oatmeal. It's actually pretty good. Then there are snacks offered: full-size Kit Kats, Miss Vickie Chips, Lindt Dark Chocolate Bars etc.

On the way home, AC starts with a warm bowl of cashews and roasted almonds, then a selection of chicken, fish or beef. It's okay but we're pretty picky about red meat so tend to opt for chicken or fish. Side salad, desert and rolls.

It drives me bonkers that AC continues to serve crappy vodka (Smirnoff) and Canadian wines. They must have signed exclusivity agreements.

And the service can be a little trying at times.

Aruba since 1979
    kit kats...one of my many weaknesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    We fly business class on Air Camada.

On the way down, it's a spinach and cheese omelette with sausage and relatively fresh rolls or oatmeal. It's actually pretty good. Then there are snacks offered: full-size Kit Kats, Miss Vickie Chips, Lindt Dark Chocolate Bars etc.

On the way home, AC starts with a warm bowl of cashews and roasted almonds, then a selection of chicken, fish or beef. It's okay but we're pretty picky about red meat so tend to opt for chicken or fish. Side salad, desert and rolls.

It drives me bonkers that AC continues to serve crappy vodka (Smirnoff) and Canadian wines. They must have signed exclusivity agreements.

And the service can be a little trying at times.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    The food on American in first class is usually pretty good. On the early leg from IAD to MIA we had a full breakfast and MIA to AUA a full lunch. The lunch that stands out to me was grilled chicken over a fresh salad. On the flight down, it's enough that our first night we only need cocktails and appetizers. Stay with me here, it's how I talk myself in to paying extra for first class..lol.
    When we fly Southwest we usually go to subway in the airport and each get a sandwich for the ride down.
    I don't really know what happens in the way back. It seems like we eat at the airport more coming home.
    No need to talk me into first class. The seats are worth the price for us on a 4 hour or more flight..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast