Aruba Beach
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for a ticket to AUA?

Purchased 2 tickets for Dec. on April 27th. Non stop from Boston to Aruba on AA flight 1013, return on flight 1044. Paid $328.70 pp tax included. Purchased on Orbitz. Flown last 6 yrs. on AA with no problems. Hope I didn't just jinx myself.
    Last edited by maggiemay; 09-13-2009 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Added information

North Side of the island, we spend a day there alone and maybe see 4 people.
    We bought our tickets in June. I am working away from home so we had to buy seperate.
    We arrive for week 38 this Friday.

Delta

Pete flys Nashville, TN stopping in Atlanta - $571
    I fly from Las Vegas stopping in Atlanta - $531

Go figure I fly more miles but I am cheaper. Also on each of these flights is one night at The Mill resort included.

We are planning to upgrade to 1st class from Atlanta to Aruba, thanks to Aruba Lisa's great info!

Our flight from JFK to Aruba, non-stop on Sat, 14 Nov 09 is only ~ 80% booked as compared to same flight/week last year when it was almost 99% booked (at this time).

Today's Jet Blue non-stop from JFK cost pp round-trip is $438.00 + taxes and fees.
    We paid $350. pp round-trip with all taxes and fees when we booked da flight back in July 09
    Thanks to All Who Serve!

Newbies to the forum here- what was ArubaLisa's great info on upgrades?
    Quote Originally Posted by CasaHappy View Post
    We bought our tickets in June. I am working away from home so we had to buy seperate.
    We arrive for week 38 this Friday.

Delta

Pete flys Nashville, TN stopping in Atlanta - $571
    I fly from Las Vegas stopping in Atlanta - $531

Go figure I fly more miles but I am cheaper. Also on each of these flights is one night at The Mill resort included.

We are planning to upgrade to 1st class from Atlanta to Aruba, thanks to Aruba Lisa's great info!

Quote Originally Posted by mandm View Post
    Newbies to the forum here- what was ArubaLisa's great info on upgrades?
    I don't think CasaHappy would mind my sharing this portion of our correspondence.

"Imo for the four hour flight, it is worth it just for the more comfortable seats. Free drinks and food are just a bonus.

I don't know if they still do it, but your luggage also receives priority and will be one of the first ones off of the plane. Nice bonus when, like us, you have sometimes waited 40 minutes in Aruba for luggage. "

Luggage does still receive priority for business class passengers
    http://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/inflight_services/business_elite/index.jsp
    Priority check-in and baggage claim

For reasons personal to herself, I also suggested researching complimentary use of the Delta Sky Club as a Business Class passenger.

http://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/airport_information/delta_sky_club/sky_club_locations/index.jsp Delta BusinessElite® customers and Platinum Medallion members have additional access to a variety of SkyTeam lounges, depending on their itinerary.
    (No Sky Club in Aruba )

$ 420 pp( inclusive of all taxes) Portland Maine to Aruba ... connecting at JFK . Jet Blue in April ... flying wednesday - wed......not too shabby. Paid $ 550 last year exact same dates on US air..!!!!

Banned
    $400 round trip non stop taxes included !! A!
    Out of Boston
    Last edited by arubadude; 10-07-2009 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Forgot to add location

What airline was that arubadude? My wife booked our flight a few months ago and said we couldn't get a non stop put of boston, we ended up on delta with a stop in atlanta.

We are flying JetBlue on Sunday. They only have Saturday and Sunday flights from Boston. I think the same is true for US Air.
    Have Fun, Pete

Aruba since 1979
    do you mean nonstops?
    there are connecting flights thru jfk daily.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by pkornnh View Post
    We are flying JetBlue on Sunday. They only have Saturday and Sunday flights from Boston. I think the same is true for US Air.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast