Aruba Beach
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for a ticket to AUA?

Andrea, good catch. It should read:

We are flying JetBlue on Sunday. They only have Saturday and Sunday non-stop flights from Boston. I think the same is true for US Air. (There are many flights, on several airlines, weekend end and weekdays that have stop overs).
    Have Fun, Pete

$426 nonstop from JFK June 25

paid 415 RT per person with all fees. USAir leaving ORD 10-14 Return 10/21

Eagle Beach LaQuinta Beach Resort Bugaloe Pier
    We paid $387 (including all taxes) RT direct flight BOS - AUA November 7 -21, America Airlines. We bought our tickets on April 15th. Just hit it right.

Booked last month on AA for July 2010 - $406.00 including taxes from Boston - Aruba non stop, then AA changed our flight with a layover in Miami. Leaving Boston 3 hours earlier but arrive in Aruba 1 hour earlier. I kind of knew this would happen with AA but took a chance.

We're looking at flights right now. We will fly out of SFO - which means a lay over at JFK or Atalnta.

Most flights leave close to 11 pm & arrive in Aruba close to 2 pm - the next day. Makes for a very long travel day.

Flights right now are running $ 1561.00 for 2.

I'm thinking of going first class (oh la la) for $ 2000.00 for 2. At least then we could sleep.

That is a long day!
    I made many flights in and out of SFO in the past; always had problems w/making the conn flights out of Stapleton; seems Continental, etc. would plan conn flt with just a 15 min window; could never get the attendants or Pilots to move me and my Navy gear up front or ask everyone to remin seated so conn flight folks could get up and out in time.

Our Saturday morning JFK flight in NOV is about 80% booked now as compared to about 99% booked last year @ same time period.

The "extra legroom" seats are mainly not booked due to the slightly higher $; these are considered 1st class because of the legroom. and $ by travelers.
    GL! I'm over 6' tall and find the reg seats A-OK for a relaxed flight.
    Last edited by miesk5; 10-19-2009 at 09:48 AM.
    Thanks to All Who Serve!

Yes - a long & sleepless day. When we arrived in Aruba - Bully took us to the Surf Club where we slept for almost 4 hours. I hate losing a whole day.

We have discussed the flights for a few days now. We have even thought about staying the night in Atlanta & then fly out the next day - to get as much time AWAKE on Aruba as possible.

If prices stay what they are now - first class is not that unreasonable. We have to wait 2 more weeks to book.
    Last edited by wildewoman; 10-19-2009 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wildewoman View Post
    We have even thought about staying the night in Atlanta & then fly out the next day - to get as much time AWAKE on Aruba as possible.
    I cannot give any suggestions on Atlanta hotels, but I do know, speaking from experience, you must be VERY careful WHERE you book. I would review the reviews on tripadvisor.com very carefully. Also look at distances from the airport proper. The airport is not in the "best" section of the city. But then again, I guess what airport is?

If prices stay where they are today - we'll go with first class & have big comfy seats. The flight from SFO to Atlanta is about 5 hours & leaves SFO at 11:50 pm.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast