Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for a ticket to AUA?

Booked in March for Sept flight round trip on Jetblue Sat-Sat out of Boston $585 pp including all taxes and fees. We don't mind paying a little more to fly JetBlue and a direct flight.
    We'll see you on the beach,
    DNR

Next Aruba trip in

iguan joes fishes and more just being there

Lightbulb

we purchaced in feb. for november. us air was 1100.00 for 2. it is listing for over 2400.00 now.

I booked mine in December for $404.00 includes fees an taxes for this Sunday with US Air Direct both ways.
    Next Aruba trip in

Wow, you guys got some great rates. I think it depends what days you are flying and What date (and TIME) you book.

I booked JFK-AUA-JFK on May 5....About $685 (yes you read that right but I think that included the fee for the EML seats). But a great thing about Jet Blue (if you sign up for their "program" is that if the fare goes down, you call them and get the credit.

I check my fare at least weekly.

My fare has gone down $60, 40, 10....then it went down again but they only gave me $10 (bec the fee for the EML seats went up). I emailed them (nicely) and said that I shouldnt be penalized for the EML seats when I had already paid for them. so i got ANOTHER $20 credit (listed as "spoilage" fee). I now have $130 credit to use on a future JB flight (will be AZ at Xmas).

I also cancelled by Amex Delta Skymiles card - I donated ALL the miles to a canine assistants organization. I got the Amex Jet blue card.

Now I can only hope my Funjet hotel package (Riu Palace Aruba) goes down............as of today - 8/1 - its actually Up a bit.......

JB (as of now) only charges $20 for a second bag (which is cheaper than paying the overweight for one bag). But even most of JB fees are going up. And they are doing away with free headphones. Their snacks still are yucky so I bring my own.

The only "warning" I give people about getting the credit. They have to actually cancel the "old" fare and rebook the "new" fare, and in the time that takes you COULD lose your original seats. Fortunately I have 3C TO, and 3C FROM.

$610 including tax and fees RT BOS-AUA-BOS non-stop Easter/school vacation in April 2009. Now around $1,000 same flights...(wow).
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979
    dh and my christmas 2007 tix were aa miles, but our son's ticket was purchased $408 dec 24 -31 delta. (bos-atl-aua)

april /may 2008 1 ticket aa miles and the other purchased $353.
    (bos-jfk-aua)

jan 2009 2 tickets aa miles (jan 8- 22 bos - jfk- aua)
    our friend that is joining us jan 10 - 17 paid $403 aa (bos - aua)

our neighbors just recently booked jet blue for sometime in september 2 weeks Sun - Sun travel
    jet blue portland me- jfk- aua $412 pp
    and they got a great deal on a studio unit at lacabana for $375 for each week.
    andrea

i posted this site on another forum but it tracks your airfare prices and send an email when there's a change. - www.yapta.com

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I'm gona go out on a limb here.....Who cares how much it cost....LOL....

Aruba since 1979
    that is a good site
    thanks!
    andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by arubaness View Post
    i posted this site on another forum but it tracks your airfare prices and send an email when there's a change. - www.yapta.com

Aruba since 1979
    at first i thought the same thing, but then again i am interested in seeing the fares.

i think that i am just plain nosy AND i do not mean to imply that this thread is about being nosy.......i am only saying that i am.

i do love to hear/read that folks get good or great deals.

imo, any fare under $500 is a good fare and any fare under $480 is great. (from the north east or mid atlantic states)

now that college is over for kevin and we are hopefully done with humongous credit card purchases, we will undoubtedly not incur as many free flights as we did in the past.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    I'm gona go out on a limb here.....Who cares how much it cost....LOL....

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast