Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for a ticket to AUA?

Cindyo-- Yeah, I may whine about the price of the tickets, but in the end I will pay what ever I have to. It's all about the island isn't it ??
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I looked today for June 2009 and we are talking right now $1000+ pp for airfare...too rich for our blood when we can drive to Florida and take a cruise. NOT what we want to do, but a vacation option nonetheless.

I just booked for our first ever trip to Aruba! Coming up in three months (November '08) it was $723 each but my cousin is getting married during the week of our trip so I had to amend the itinerary and find a flight off the island to Florida and then another back home to New York (not cheap) before all this our total was $330 - it seemed foolish not to go

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I looked today for June 2009 and we are talking right now $1000+ pp for airfare...too rich for our blood when we can drive to Florida and take a cruise. NOT what we want to do, but a vacation option nonetheless.
    Say it ain't so Arubalisa...you HAVE to go to Aruba. Is that price to/from Atlanta?

I swear....I'll start a thread making a collection to get you to Aruba. Maybe I'll even find a way to make donations tax deductable!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Say it ain't so Arubalisa...you HAVE to go to Aruba. Is that price to/from Atlanta?

I swear....I'll start a thread making a collection to get you to Aruba. Maybe I'll even find a way to make donations tax deductable!
    Yes that fare is from ATL. Just looked and it was $1,269.30 pp. I appreciate your generous offer...but let's think positive...Something has to give in this economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Yes that fare is from ATL. Just looked and it was $1,269.30 pp. I appreciate your generous offer...but let's think positive...Something has to give in this economy.
    The offer remains! I see that last year it was $440? Price of gas, huh.

It will go down.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Booked two weeks ago with AA for this December 4-11, non-stop BOS-AUA-BOS at $276+tax/etc. (around $350/ea total)

Traveling mid-week (if you can) certainly helps keep the prices down.

chs4 - that's ridiculously cheap for such short timing. unbelievable!!!!

arubalisa - couldn't you travel to MIA and fly for cheaper? i bet you're hamstrung in ATL by delta's dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by arubaness View Post
    arubalisa - couldn't you travel to MIA and fly for cheaper? i bet you're hamstrung in ATL by delta's dominance.
    I just looked again and American through Miami is $870. Much cheaper than $1269 for coach on Delta.

Discounted business class (first class for AUA) on DL is only $1419. If we could afford that X 3, it would be a no brainer.

Delta does not yet show discounted fare classes, so I am praying that that is where the difference comes in.

We paid a total of $420 roundtrip pp, thats WITH all the taxes and fees. We used US Airways from Bradley in Hartford, CT, with one stop over in Charlotte, NC.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast