Aruba Beach
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for a ticket to AUA?

Just checked flights for my sis-in-law to go with us in november...checked the airlines first...all were at least 600 or more....then went onto expedai and found a couple for 486.00 tax and all (from pittsburgh,pa) so i guess the talk about the flights being higher because of the gas crunch isn't true after all...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by monewcamp View Post
    we have a group of I think its 48 people
    a friend did all the work got our airfrom 2000.00 to about 500.00 pp
    looking over some of the prices I'm glad we booked at 500.00
    going in March 09

flying from Pittsburgh, PA is awful anymore!!
    Moe and Jeff,
    I fly from Pittsburgh all the time, (live right outside of New Castle) and am usually able to get flights from 500 and under. I have checked for March and April, since a bunch of us girls are thinking about going in that time frame and found tickets for 466, give or take a few dollars....
    Also just posted that checked for my sis-in-law to go with us in November 08 and tickets on United are 486...that is a great price.

Danadog56
    One gal thinking of booking w/ us did find lower air for the same dates.
    I think we had trouble booking a flight price because of so many people. I just rounded up to the 500.00
    flight info from our group agent:
    * $475.00 per person (current taxes incl)
    "Due to this being scheduled air the taxes can change clear up till around January when they are actually “ticketed” and we have to pay the difference. We are locked in at a base rate and taxes may fluctuate, so this could change plus or minus a few dollars."

We met a group in July in Mexico that lived outside New Castle. Can't re-call names now. We are in Emsworth, near Sewickley

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Its funny, this thread has been going on since July, so thats almost 6 weeks, and it doesn't sound like anyone got robbed, "so to speak", and no one said they weren't going...so everyone is headed for a great vacation "No matter what"....I can feel that sun!! For those who are headed out, think to yourself,
    " This is money well spent" !!

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Always! I am just surprised that the airfare on Delta is back up over $900. We are very grateful we booked when we did.

My husband has a bunch of FF with AA, but I am so ticked off at them...they took my miles without so much as a warning...and I had enough to fly free also that I would now rather never use AA !!!! Thinking about buying something with those miles....the worst part is that his miles were my miles that we transfered into his account, then didn't go to Aruba one year d/t family illness. So I don't know why they left his and took mine in the first place.....

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Its funny, this thread has been going on since July, so thats almost 6 weeks, and it doesn't sound like anyone got robbed, "so to speak", and no one said they weren't going...so everyone is headed for a great vacation "No matter what"....I can feel that sun!! For those who are headed out, think to yourself,
    Cindyo--Yeah, I thought the prices would go up dramatically and folks would decide not to go. But the airlines fooled me and kept prices pretty reasonable. I guess they figured if they raised prices too high no one would fly and that would be worse.....so instead they started charging for bags, charging for beverages and taking away the little tiny-weeny bag of pretzels...that my husband always laughs about and says whats the point of them giving us those bags......so now I guess he's gotten his wish.....
    But on the grand scheme of things...........we are going to our island paradise and we are going to have a good time and we are going to splash around in that crystal blue water on those beautiful snady beaches....I can go on and on and on and.......

Quote Originally Posted by monewcamp View Post
    Danadog56
    One gal thinking of booking w/ us did find lower air for the same dates.
    I think we had trouble booking a flight price because of so many people. I just rounded up to the 500.00
    flight info from our group agent:
    * $475.00 per person (current taxes incl)
    "Due to this being scheduled air the taxes can change clear up till around January when they are actually “ticketed” and we have to pay the difference. We are locked in at a base rate and taxes may fluctuate, so this could change plus or minus a few dollars."

We met a group in July in Mexico that lived outside New Castle. Can't re-call names now. We are in Emsworth, near Sewickley
    Moe and Jeff,
    You know, I was actually quite surprised that I could find tickets for my sis-in-law so cheap at this late date. Even though it still 2 months till we are going the prices usually go up because flights are getting full. I would never even have considered flying United, just never thought of them, anyway, 486 is still a great deal.
    Hopefully your tickets will still say the say...I mean how much more can they tax the tickets then they do now ????

We paid 443.00/pp from Detroit, Mi for 3 weeks starting Oct 25/08 using Spirit Airlines. In 07 paid 535.00/pp with US Air. Can't wait to feel that sun in 46 days!!
    Patti P
    Next Aruba trip in

We booked in March of this year for February of 2009. $385 round trip direct flight out of Boston. If I were to book today, the flight is $815!

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast