Aruba Beach

Thread: I got a good deal!

I got a good deal!

So I am really happy about the tickets I just purchased on www.United.com. I spoke before how the tickets were priced around 500 for a while and then shot up to around 750 to 845. I am going to Aruba in August for a wedding. The dates are the 4th till the 11th. I am departing out of Indianapolis, Indiana. Normally the tickets are around 600 round trip. Always costly since its such a small airport and they dont have many flights going in and out. Well I always use Yapta and check Kayak very frequently. I checked Kayak yesterday and I saw tickets for 497 apiece. So I went to United website and put in that I needed two adult tickets and one child ticket. Well it so happened that the adult tickets came up 497 and the child ticket came up 398. I ended up having to call United and speak to web support but they sure did help me with the tickets and secured the pricing! I'm very happy that I got the deal that I got!

Not bad price....have been watching for tickets for November...went down as low as 496, but have been steadily increasing and now are at 417. Hopefully they will start coming down again or I will be lucky enough to catch a day were they are on sale and grab them for under 500....Or I might get lucky and win the lottery and by my own jet...LOL...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Or I might get lucky and win the lottery and by my own jet...LOL...
    Actually, unless you hit for a few hundred million you're better off leasing. I'd be looking at the Piaggio P180 Avanti II, much better fuel economy.

Chadd,
    Okay, that would work also.....or maybe I'll buy a big luxury-type boat and sail down and stay on the boat for 6 months out of the year and then store it till next time...or what ever they do...LOL
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Round trip on Continental from LaGuardia (not JFK!) for $300 roundtrip (including taxes and fees)! That was a month ago for travel March 14-21. Now it is almost $1000! I was so lucky. . . .