Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I HAD to Buy My Tickets Yesterday

I HAD to Buy My Tickets Yesterday

I've been watching Jet Blue prices for BOS-AUA in Jan/Feb for months. I was committed to waiting for the big price drop that always comes so I could buy at the lower price and use my credits from last year for a really cheap ticket. I was prepared to pay off the balance with credit card points.

It didn't happen that way. I had a deadline. I got 4 or 5 credits on last year's purchase. The biggest was on November 3rd. Smaller ones followed for a total a little over $600. So I felt I had to buy before November 3rd this year so my biggest block of credits didn't expire.

I bought two tickets last night for $898. each. I applied all my credits and will pay off the balance with credit card points. I'm furious that I had to buy at such a high price that forced me to spend all my CC points. I still expect the price to drop by a good bit.

Know how you feel. The most we ever paid was $1000 per person Boston to Aruba and that was before we knew about jet Blue giving credits! At least you know you are going and you still have time to rack up some credits for next year!

While I appreciate that JB gives credits, I dislike letting them have my money when I could put it to good use. What if I don't go on vacation next year due to illness? I lose all that money.

Understood. I don't mind getting credits as it takes the pressure off of trying to find the best price. This year we had to cancel because of my husband's health but because we had insurance we got all our money back, even on Jet Blue nonrefundable tickets.

Sorry this happened. Credits are only useful IF you can use them within the allotted timeframe. Our family lost $100's of Delta credits this year. I still have some left that have to be spent by mid- December.

Not sure about the JetBlue fans... and the points stuff... I'm a USAir guy fly a lot with work. This week I saw Raleigh - Aurba $420 round trip.
    Just checked Bos - AUA this month... in couple weeks and was $546 round trip... all taxes, fees included.

I assume you chk them all... but USAir has had some decent prices lately.
    I normally use miles for AUA trip... and last 4 trips every time I can fly First Class with miles for same or even LESS!!! than coach... not sure
    why but seems that first does not sell... so they give good deals on first with miles...

Looking fwd to this trip... in couple weeks... First class... Marriott 3 nights and the NEW Ritz for 3 nights... it opens on Friday and we chk in Sunday.
    I'm not really a Ritz guy... but should be fun and part of the adventure... and all done with Marriott points.
    I love the Aurba Beach Villas down the road...

jkl
    My frustration is that we live in the Midwest, specifically Des Moines, Iowa. With rise in fuel costs over the years there are less and less flights between Iowa and Aruba. There is now only one that can get me down and back in one day. Today I discovered the final leg of the flight is full. I have reservations for eights days and I can get down there but not home and this is for the end of May. So frustrated!!
    Thanks for listening.

Sorry to hear it, but- this year we are in the same situation:::::have been waiting for a prise drop, and unfortunately, they are climing up...So, yesterday, we had to make a move...Paid $1022.00 for each(2 of us), on JetBlue, from New York(REDDD HOTTT 2 weeks- end of December, and beginning of January)...Just hope, that Fare will drop, and we can ghet some credit....

Quote Originally Posted by worldtraveler1976 View Post
    Paid $1022.00 for each(2 of us), on JetBlue, from New York(REDDD HOTTT 2 weeks- end of December, and beginning of January)...Just hope, that Fare will drop, and we can ghet some credit....
    $1k may not be a bad price. Delta right now wants $2000+ for ECONOMY class from ATLANTA for end of December.

Andy, I can sympathize with your plight. I bought 6 months out and waited and waited for price drops which in the past always occurred, but this year JB held out. I ended up paying $1200 for two after credits, the problem seems to be JB is the the only show in town
    direct non-stop out of BOS. I leave 11/8 but I don't think Ill see it.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    I've been watching Jet Blue prices for BOS-AUA in Jan/Feb for months. I was committed to waiting for the big price drop that always comes so I could buy at the lower price and use my credits from last year for a really cheap ticket. I was prepared to pay off the balance with credit card points.

It didn't happen that way. I had a deadline. I got 4 or 5 credits on last year's purchase. The biggest was on November 3rd. Smaller ones followed for a total a little over $600. So I felt I had to buy before November 3rd this year so my biggest block of credits didn't expire.

I bought two tickets last night for $898. each. I applied all my credits and will pay off the balance with credit card points. I'm furious that I had to buy at such a high price that forced me to spend all my CC points. I still expect the price to drop by a good bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast