Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I HAD to Buy My Tickets Yesterday

Right now Jet Blue's least expensive airfare is $534 for a 7 night stay.

The earlier you book, the better the price. Lots of availability now for May for $534. Waiting is not always the cheapest way to go.

It also goes without saying that the least expensive fares are mid-week. Being a slave to the airlines is the biggest reason why dh and I never bought a timeshare in Aruba.

I am watching airfares right now for Florida in February and March, fares for next summer are $100+ higher per person than they are for Florida's winter high season. Needless to say I am going to book now rather than wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    ...The earlier you book, the better the price...

This has not been my experience. In past years, Jet Blue prices on opening day are not the lowest by far. I follow prices daily for about five or six months. I bought tickets in October of last year for $722 each BOS-AUA for last week Jan and first week Feb. The price dropped 3 or four times after that so I ended up paying $505 each. The biggest single drop happened on Thanksgiving Day, two months before departure.

This year the price has been steady between $828-$1013 each since August. JB has recently added a second non-stop at a slightly lower price.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    JB has recently added a second non-stop at a slightly lower price.
    Industry-wide, there have been significant reductions in the number of seats from the US to Aruba over the last couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Waiting is not always the cheapest way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    This has not been my experience. In past years, Jet Blue prices on opening day are not the lowest by far. I follow prices daily for about five or six months. I bought tickets in October of last year for $722 each BOS-AUA for last week Jan and first week Feb. The price dropped 3 or four times after that so I ended up paying $505 each. The biggest single drop happened on Thanksgiving Day, two months before departure.

This year the price has been steady between $828-$1013 each since August. JB has recently added a second non-stop at a slightly lower price.

This has not been my experience. In past years, Jet Blue prices on opening day are not the lowest by far.
    Andy I am just going by the fares available today for as far out as they are booking right now...next June. Fare is $534 BOS - AUA, same as a couple of dates in December, January and February. The further out you go, the more $534 fares are available. Just about any mid-week day in May and June you can fly $534 round trip. Right now they are booking out to about middle of June.

I am not sure this is a viable option because I have never personally used them, but has anyone tried www.points.com? They advertise you can buy, sell and trade travel rewards.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Industry-wide, there have been significant reductions in the number of seats from the US to Aruba over the last couple years.
    I noticed! The last time I have been to Aruba was in April 2010. That was the last time I could fly with Continental, they were just in the process discontinuing flying from Houston to Aruba. My return flight had already been cancelled! I got lucky that they made arrangements with Delta to let me get home. Back then, it was 1 Stop and approx. 7 hours in total to get from Central Texas to Aruba. Prices were about $500, the last one about $1,000.

Out of curiosity I checked the available flights end Jan/ beginning Feb 2014:
    The price would be great! Only $503 with United. BUT: To get to Aruba would require 2 Stops and more than 44 hours! Some flights even over 55 hours! The return flights require as well 2 Stops and "only" 19 hours!

As I can only stay at the most for 8 days, it's just too much of a hassle to go.

I would rather pay more and have a convenient travel time. Having a non-stop flight or just 1 Stop is a dream!

For February travelers direct from Boston to Aruba on JB, the price has dropped twice in the last week or so. Ask to have the money put in your Travel Bank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12