Aruba Beach
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By gaby
  • 2 Post By act1966

Thread: I hate United

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything

I hate United

So we were so excited because this year we were leaving on the 7:00 am flight out of Newark to Aruba and getting there so early. My husband looks on their site and sees they changed our flight times. Now though I hate United, they are usually good about emailing the change. So now instead of leaving at 7:00 am and getting there at like 1:00, we are leaving at 10:20 & getting there at 4 o'clock. They could have gotten us out at 6 but that's out of Kennedy. Considering we live 15 minutes from Newark and over an hour from Kennedy, no brainer. then she says she can get us out the next day. I said I'm not losing a day in aruba. the problem was we were in first class and they did have a 9 am flight but no first class tickets. i'm not giving that up to get there at 3 instead of 4.

so we decided we'll show them, we'll just go back in february, that will teach them. but we are there this time for three weeks and my husband is retiring 2 days prior to our departure so really, how can we complain except United is the worse airline. But I figure, the arrival desk will probably be cleared by the time we get off the plane, our luggage will come right out, we can zip to the house, then go food shopping. And then go have a nice drink either at Bugaloe's or Moomba's and you know why? Because we will officially be on "Aruba Time".......

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Sounds like a plan, Gaby!

And with your husband retiring, plenty to celebrate and relax.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I know, I want to do things while we're relatively young. I took early retirement but he owns his own business so it was a little harder but Aruba, here we come. Next on my list is Vegas to visit friends, hoping for Austin, Charleston and then Italy. Although I have a feeling I will be doing everything but Aruba & Vegas by myself, lol, lol...

So frustrating. Way to make lemonade from those lemons!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

We had an issue with United last year too. We were scheduled on a direct flight home from Aruba to Dulles on a Sunday. They cancelled the Sunday flight and when we got the email they had changed us to the Saturday direct flight. I am just glad I was paying attention. I can't imagine anyone being okay with coming home a day earlier. Our only option to get home on Sunday ways to connect through Newark and give up first class so we just cancel the tickets completely and ended up coming home on American with a stop in Miami.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Now THAT'S a thread title LOL

And easily reusable... "I Hate <<insert any airline name here>>"

Ditto. The airlines have the power to do whatever they want to whoever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Now THAT'S a thread title LOL

And easily reusable... "I Hate <<insert any airline name here>>"
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Because I fly so much for work I have my "hate" list and sitting pretty at the top is United, followed in a close 2nd is American....
    I've had my flight cancelled so many times by United that I just gave up flying them. I live close to Pittsburgh (go Pens...) and tried to be loyal to USAir. Many folks c/o about them, but for some reason I had the best luck with them. Usually the best ticket price, 9 out of 10 flights I was upgraded to first class, I can not even tell you how many times Dh and I flew round trip first class to Aruba. SO, imagine my shock when they took American out of bankruptcy and then got rid of ALL of the good things USAir offered and adopted ALL the things I hated about AA..including being late and cancelling flights all the time....So, to be fair and try to make nice we bought first class tickets last November (also our 25th wedding anniversary), going down fine, coming home...sat at airport from 1ish till 8pm when they finally cancelled flight due to mechanical problems.....So we have decided that first class is no longer a reason to fly AA (or any other airline for that matter) and decided to use Southwest. Low and behold tickets for Aruba in November right now are 618 (arrrggghhh)..So AA and FFmiles here I come.....remind me when I start crabbing about my awful flight when I return in November that I went into this with my eyes wide open.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME