Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: I hope American Airline can get their ACT together!!

I hope American Airline can get their ACT together!!

One month ago when I flew American, I was stuck in Chicago all day because American had plane issues. I got to Miami very late so I missed my Aruba flight and had to over night in Miami and got here the next day. Today my wife and Daughter got stuck in Chicago and they had to get on 3 different airplanes because they were having problems. They to got to Miami too late and now they have to over night and hopefully get here tomorrow. Every since American joined with US Air, we have always had delays and missing our next flight. I think AA better start stepping up to the plate if they want people to continue using their airlines!!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

On our way home we had a stop in Miami, flying American. They boarded the plane even though we had been watching maintenance people going on and off up to the time we were supposed to board. We get on the plane and sit there, at the gate for an hour and a half while maintenance was trying to get the right paperwork to install new brackets for an oxygen tank. A full flight, boarded only to sit at the gate for that long. I was get flight delayed emails every 15 minutes. We all would have preferred to sit comfortably in the airport rather than being jammed on the plane when they knew there was a "paperwork" issue. Ridiculous!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    my opinion is that american airlines has reached a level of arrogance and apathetic ways, that cause much headache and worry for its passengers/customers.

We also had to listen to flight attendants bickering with each other the entire flight on our first leg from Dulles to Miami. One of them was down right rude. Even once I was using headphones, their facial expressions and body language were definitely not friendly.

We haven't flown American in years. We found the staff to be rude and the flights were never on time. Fortunately, we have other options. Sorry to hear your daughters were delayed. It's more than inconvenient, it's stressful! Hopefully they will arrive tomorrow!

Hopefully, all of you with delays received a nice comp package. I know, it stinks, I and too would just want to get to Aruba, no delays!! On the way back, I will take a credit for sure.

No excuse for so many maintenance issues. That's scary. We all know the gas prices have dropped dramatically, yet the airfares are still quite high. If you, American, are going to take that kind of money out of my pocket, you better maintain the vessel carrying my family!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I have flown 29 times with American this year. They have issues just like anyone else. The only problem I had all year was the flight out of Aruba. Late leaving Aruba and arriving in Miami, got put up in a hotel, dinner and breakfast coupons and flew home the next day. I am fortunate to fly first class most of the time... flight's delayed?... Another gin and tonic please!

That saddens me. Inthe 1990s, I was working in the US and used to fly back and forth from Toronto on AA. They were GREAT then... I can still smell the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies!!
    Last edited by act1966; 01-19-2016 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I have flown 29 times with American this year. They have issues just like anyone else. The only problem I had all year was the flight out of Aruba. Late leaving Aruba and arriving in Miami, got put up in a hotel, dinner and breakfast coupons and flew home the next day. I am fortunate to fly first class most of the time... flight's delayed?... Another gin and tonic please!
    I was glad we were in first when we were stuck at the gate; that experience alone will make it hard to go back to flying in economy. I get claustrophobic and would not have been able to handle being crammed in the seat for that long at the gate. We don't fly much so we don't have a lot of points or any kind of status, but whenever I can afford it, I know where I will be.

I wouldn't mind so much coming home, but I think about losing a day on my way there and I would be so sad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast