Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: I think I'm done with Southwest

Tracey, sorry you had to go through this. I suggest an ice cold adult beverage and thoughts of island vacations... At least the people you are dealing with speak English. Overseas even the most simple request becomes a major issue when you speak the native language about as well as they speak yours.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Tracey, sorry you had to go through this. I suggest an ice cold adult beverage and thoughts of island vacations... At least the people you are dealing with speak English. Overseas even the most simple request becomes a major issue when you speak the native language about as well as they speak yours.
    Our next scheduled flights are first class to Aruba in November so hopefully the airport woes are over for now.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

I'm glad it all worked out in the end. I find when dealing with customer service for any company, it depends on who you get on the phone. I've had situations where the customer service rep was not being helpful and so I said goodbye, called again, got another rep that was 5 times more helpful and courteous.

Happy to hear things worked better than anticipated. Good luck on the refund.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Glad everything worked out for you Tracey! I did customer service work back in the day (cable company) and the nicer you are to the rep, the more you will get. If someone started out the conversation nasty, they got no where with me. My least favorite line was "you people did (fill in the blank). No, it wasn't me. I'm sitting here in my little cubicle trying to make a few bucks! If they were nice, I bent over backwards for them. And - if you're not getting anywhere, ask to speak to a supervisor. They have more authority to give you what you want. The first person you talk to can only go so far. On a side note - I will never, ever do customer service work again! That job was the worst!!! Nobody ever called and said - hey, my cable is great!!
    Hopefully we'll be back in Spring 2018

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom23 View Post
    Glad everything worked out for you Tracey! I did customer service work back in the day (cable company) and the nicer you are to the rep, the more you will get. If someone started out the conversation nasty, they got no where with me. My least favorite line was "you people did (fill in the blank). No, it wasn't me. I'm sitting here in my little cubicle trying to make a few bucks! If they were nice, I bent over backwards for them. And - if you're not getting anywhere, ask to speak to a supervisor. They have more authority to give you what you want. The first person you talk to can only go so far. On a side note - I will never, ever do customer service work again! That job was the worst!!! Nobody ever called and said - hey, my cable is great!!
    I totally agree with you. I did customer service for a water utility very early on in my career and that experience in the phones taught me so much about how to get what you need/want from a CS rep on the phone.

Lucky for me Southwest always assisted me in everything. Even gave me a credit when the two kids flights were canceled and went back home.
    Should of gave them the vouchers.. But I did email the CEO with my concerns and got a reply very prompt.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Our next scheduled flights are first class to Aruba in November so hopefully the airport woes are over for now.
    The only way to fly!

United seems like a good alternative... oh... wait...

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    United seems like a good alternative... oh... wait...
    We are flying United on our way down. I will FaceTime you of Jon gets hogtied.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast