Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: If they did this for Aruba Air travel?

Aruba since 1979

Thumbs down If they did this for Aruba Air travel?

Can you imagine if they required this for air travel to aruba? (or air travel on a regular basis )

Uzbekistan...........

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/step-on...-sh&soc_trk=ma

Maybe it would give me some extra motivation...lol. In the article they mention an airline that offered wider seats - we would absolutely pay fo those. The flying experience gets worse every year.

I wonder how this would work here in the US with the ADA. Obesity is concerned a disease, whether you agree or not, so would this be considered harassment or discrimination? Also, what about people who have weight issues that are out of their control as a result of other disabilities?
    Not sure when, but we will be back

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    I don't have a problem with this at all. It's for safety matters!

Actually, my weight was taken here in the USA when I went on a helicopter ride in the Grand Canyon.
    After the weight was taken, it was established where each passenger could sit to have an even weight distributed.
    Again: safety matters.
    Last edited by CK1; 08-13-2015 at 02:18 PM.

Yep, I've been weighed before taking a helicopter flight from La Guardia to JFK.

We had a flight delay last year due to an icy runway. They told us they needed people to volunteer to get off the flight to get the weight of the plane lower for stopping purposes. They took people off, then ended up filling the plane anyway before we left so who knows what that was really about?
    So just to clarify my views, yes, for safety issues I do agree it's needed, especially on small planes and helicopters absolutely. For monetary gain, I am not so much in agreement.
    I read an article once that says the reason you are charged more for over weight luggage is to defray workers comp claims by baggage handlers for back and other related injuries.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

I would just stay home. Although on one flight to Aruba the attendant asked if we would be willing to change seats because they were trying to distribute the weight more evenly. We said no problem, but I did ask kind of jokingly if it was because we looked like the heavy ones. We did get extra room seats for free though!

Aruba since 1979
    i suppose it would be extra motivation for me

I am not overweight, but any flight they think they need to weigh everyone for safety is probably a plane I don't want to fly. Flying is the safest way to travel and has been long before anyone thought about weighing people...JMO.

More weight, more fuel, more to pay. Sure, I am OK with it. It would help young families with little ones too.

BTW, I'm in my sixties an am opposed to senior citizen's discounts; let everyone pay their fair share.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    I was under the impression that planes have built in scales now so they know if they are over weight or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast