Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: If you are in Aruba, heading Home OR heading to Aruba Check your flight status

Aruba since 1979

If you are in Aruba, heading Home OR heading to Aruba Check your flight status

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metro...l%2B5%2Bboston

Please check before you leave for the airport!!!!

I have a friend who is "stuck" in Aruba. United cancelled her flight yesterday due to "lack of crew". She was rescheduled for NEXT Sunday on her own dime with only a $7 per person per meal stipend.

Important to read your airline's "Carriage Contract" to see what they will and will not pay for. Also be aware that you are not automatically going to be bumping the people on the next available flight. You will be rescheduled into the next "AVAILABLE" seats.

LOL, we always think how wonderful it would be to extend our vacation in paradise until the realities of job and school commitments come in to play not to mention the financial aspect, which at this time of year is MOST expensive.

This is a FANTASTIC argument for trip interruption insurance.

After HOURS on hold with United she is supposed to fly out on Wednesday but in the meantime has to find an affordable place to stay with her two daughters.

Aruba since 1979
    for those looking for trip insurance

www.insuremytrip.com

lets you do comparison shopping

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I have a friend who is "stuck" in Aruba. United cancelled her flight yesterday due to "lack of crew". She was rescheduled for NEXT Sunday on her own dime with only a $7 per person per meal stipend.

Important to read your airline's "Carriage Contract" to see what they will and will not pay for. Also be aware that you are not automatically going to be bumping the people on the next available flight. You will be rescheduled into the next "AVAILABLE" seats.

LOL, we always think how wonderful it would be to extend our vacation in paradise until the realities of job and school commitments come in to play not to mention the financial aspect, which at this time of year is MOST expensive.

After HOURS on hold with United she is supposed to fly out on Wednesday but in the meantime has to find an affordable place to stay with her two daughters.

Ugh I feel for your friend....we got stuck with the whole Dallas/Ft Worth cancellation fiasco in early December. I had my best luck with the ticket agent at the airport....kept getting disconnected on the phone with American Airlines....the girl at the ticket counter at the airport was really helpful in getting us booked on another flight. Its hard to be calm but with weather issues outside the airlines controls, there's not really much they can do....I hope she makes it home ok and enjoys her extended time in paradise

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Does not sound like fun. I always wonder how understanding employers and/or bosses are in these type of situations. I would hope they do not add to people's stress. I suppose each case is a different scenario. I hope everyone in this situation gets home soon and safely.

Understanding the financial issues and the frantic trying to find a decent, affordable place to stay, I still say there is no better place in the world to be "stuck"
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

When my friend and others from her cancelled flight tried to speak with the United Supervisor they offered meals vouchers and then walked off. She was able to finally get a flight out tomorrow.

Lack of crew is a controllable issue and should result in the hotel being covered. They would have to classify it as a weather issue in order to get away without paying for the hotel. If your friend was told that it was crew, I would push the company for additional compensation/reimbursement.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Lack of crew is a controllable issue and should result in the hotel being covered. They would have to classify it as a weather issue in order to get away without paying for the hotel. If your friend was told that it was crew, I would push the company for additional compensation/reimbursement.

THANK YOU Chadd, I am going to forward this to her immediately. She and her daughter spent 4 miserable nights at the Holiday Inn. They loved the Tamarijn, Holiday Inn, not so much.

How sad - miserable is pretty strong - why was it so bad?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast