Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Immigration forms online https://edcardaruba.aw

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    When we went thru HAPPY FLOW I was far from happy( September)
    the darn flow machine kept having to be reset
    held us up big time...
    Lines were hours long both flow and non flow

Palm Beach March 2016
    Aruba May & June 2016
    Aruba Dec 2016 NYE

From my experience yesterday, you will not save any time by filling out the electronic version. The written form is collected from you as you enter the Happy Flow line so there is no time saved at all. The paper form only takes a few minutes to complete on the plane and the electronic version would also take about the same time. Since you are on the plane anyway, there is no time wasted.

How will the agent know who has filled out the electronic version and who needs to hand them a paper copy?
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

Aruba since 1979
    the tourist's passport number will identify if the online form has been filled out

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    How will the agent know who has filled out the electronic version and who needs to hand them a paper copy?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the tourist's passport number will identify if the online form has been filled out
    I can't imagine this. Now they take the card before you go into the happy flow little booth like areas. He just takes it and you move on. NOw I am seeing some people have it and some not, then I'm assuming the passport number is read during the happy flow process and if there was a problem with the online form those people will have to be pulled aside. I don't know, I think we will try it but always have the printed copy as a back up.

We used the ED online system on December 19 and January 2.

The airline personnel (American Airlines) on the plane and in Aruba (wheelchair pusher) knew NOTHING, zero, zilch, about it.

Walked up to the Aruba Immigrations officer, with our printouts in hand, just in case, holding our breath that it would be accepted, and it WAS.

According to the immigrations officer the Aruba Tourism Authority has concentrated on rolling out the program to travel agents and thus why few are aware of it.

Like Andrea pointed out, it alleviates the need to take the immigration card, tear off part and return it with the passport.

They simply scan your passport and the info is right there on their computer screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    We used the ED online system on December 19 and January 2.

The airline personnel (American Airlines) on the plane and in Aruba (wheelchair pusher) knew NOTHING, zero, zilch, about it.

Walked up to the Aruba Immigrations officer, with our printouts in hand, just in case, holding our breath that it would be accepted, and it WAS.

According to the immigrations officer the Aruba Tourism Authority has concentrated on rolling out the program to travel agents and thus why few are aware of it.

Like Andrea pointed out, it alleviates the need to take the immigration card, tear off part and return it with the passport.

They simply scan your passport and the info is right there on their computer screen.
    We filled out the usual form on the plane in Sept. - then used the new passport reader upon arrival. There was someone standing near the machine area who took the form/immigration card - they did not tear anything off and give us back the "stub" as usual. So we did not have to hold onto any stub like in years past to give back upon departure. My husband did not use the passport reader (old passport) so they directed him to an immigration officer next to the machines. He also took the entire form/card and did not return the usual stub. So I still don't see where the online system saves any time?
    ~Amy~
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

Barcelona, Mallorca, Andorra: Nov. 2016
    Seattle: Dec. 2016
    Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017
    34th trip to Aruba: May 2017
    Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    We filled out the usual form on the plane in Sept. - then used the new passport reader upon arrival. There was someone standing near the machine area who took the form/immigration card - they did not tear anything off and give us back the "stub" as usual. So we did not have to hold onto any stub like in years past to give back upon departure. My husband did not use the passport reader (old passport) so they directed him to an immigration officer next to the machines. He also took the entire form/card and did not return the usual stub. So I still don't see where the online system saves any time?
    Amy, how did they know your husband had an old passport? In November they didn't ask anyone, they just sent almost everyone through the happy flow line. I can't figure out how they would know. I keep seeing the comment about older passports not going through, but how do they know, no one asked to see our passports before we got to the kiosks.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Amy, how did they know your husband had an old passport? In November they didn't ask anyone, they just sent almost everyone through the happy flow line. I can't figure out how they would know. I keep seeing the comment about older passports not going through, but how do they know, no one asked to see our passports before we got to the kiosks.
    There's a chip on the front cover (looks like a gold box). New ones have the chip and old ones do not.
    ~Amy~
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

Barcelona, Mallorca, Andorra: Nov. 2016
    Seattle: Dec. 2016
    Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017
    34th trip to Aruba: May 2017
    Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    There's a chip on the front cover (looks like a gold box). New ones have the chip and old ones do not.
    Right, but no one looked at our passports before we got to the kiosk. The lady directing us to the line didn't even look at us, she was in a conversation and just waving people over.
    We never heard or maybe just never noticed anyone being asked to see the cover of their passport.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 01-05-2016 at 07:47 PM. Reason: added last sentence

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast