Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Immigration forms online https://edcardaruba.aw

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Right, but no one looked at our passports before we got to the kiosk. The lady directing us to the line didn't even look at us, she was in a conversation and just waving people over.
    Your guess is as good as mine. In Sept we just did what we were told. It's Aruba....it is what it is. LOL! I'm not going to waste my time worrying/thinking about it since they have a "ready, shoot, aim" approach and then alter things as they figure them out.
    ~Amy~
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

San Fran/Napa Valley - Sept. 2016
    Barcelona, Mallorca, and Andorra - Nov. 2016
    Seattle - Dec. 2016
    34th trip to Aruba - Feb/March 2017

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Your guess is as good as mine. In Sept we just did what we were told. It's Aruba....it is what it is. LOL! I'm not going to waste my time worrying/thinking about it since they have a "ready, shoot, aim" approach and then alter things as they figure them out.
    Doesn't affect us, but I'm thinking if someone doesn't have a chip they might need to speak up when they are headed to the line. I would hate to see someone directed to the Happy Flow line then get held up and have to wait again because they don't have the chip.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. Trip #8 coming November 2017!

There is a separate immigration officer sitting just to the left of the Happy Flow line (between the reader and the wall). My husband and I both got to wait in the Happy Flow line but when our turn came I used the reader and he was directed immediately to the officer on the left since he did not have the chip.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 01-05-2016 at 08:03 PM.
    ~Amy~
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

Seattle - Dec. 2016

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    There is a separate immigration officer sitting just to the left of the Happy Flow line (between the reader and the wall). My husband and I both got to wait in the Happy Flow line but when our turn came I used the reader and he was directed immediately to the officer on the left since he did not have the chip.
    So did your husband speak up, or was it visible for the officer to see that he didn't have the chip?

When we were there, that officer had a line of 5 or so people who all seemed to have issues.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. Trip #8 coming November 2017!

Honestly don't recall - that was 3 trips (and a couple of business trips) ago now. But there was no one waiting at the immigration officer so he was through before I was done with the reader which I found hysterical.
    ~Amy~

Seattle - Dec. 2016

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we have global pass but there was no chip on our passport because we had just gotten it a month before going. my husband & I were just directed to the happy flow line by the officer who just took our forms and directed us without even looking at our passports.

I wanted to bump this thread and see if there has been any more issues or if the process has smoothed out. We filled out the online forms and I have printed copies in my Aruba folder. Has anyone had any problems with the online ED forms or Happy Flow lines recently?

Walt we had ZERO issues with the ED forms in December/January. We traveled on two of THE busiest days for the airport in the entire year.

We did ours a couple of days ago and printed them off, just in case. We'll see how it goes. The bride can go through Happy Flow but my passport is lacking the chip. It expires this year, so I'll have to get a new one before our Fall trip.

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    I was going to try this even though we don't have chips in our passports but we are less than 48 hours before departure (WOOOHOOOOO!!!)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast