• 1 Post By vallond

Thread: Insel Air

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

Insel Air

On another site someone posted Insel Air was going to fly out of Biston

Anyone hear this?

Might it have been a joke?

Hi Cindy,
    Just checked their website, the only U.S, destinations that Insel Air will be operating into and out of is Miami. Charlotte was the other destination but they dropped that route a few weeks ago.

I sent them an email asking about this a few days ago. They never responded. They have no interest in me, I'll have no interest in them.
    Why would I want to risk my Aruba vacation using a second or third rate airline anyway?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    I sent them an email asking about this a few days ago. They never responded. They have no interest in me, I'll have no interest in them.
    Why would I want to risk my Aruba vacation using a second or third rate airline anyway?
    Those people barley speak English, i tried calling them before we booked, forgetaboutit... We booked online, MIA-AUA-MIA and it was cheap $335pp and includes 1 checked, 1 carry on and 1 personal item.

Aruba since 1979
    lots of folks from florida use insel air and are quite pleased.

Direct from Insel......

Update for Case #SC667643 - "JS - Boston"

Thank you for your email.

Currently there are no plans to start flying to Boston directly.

We hope to have informed you accordingly. Should you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to let us know.

Kind regards,

Jarett Sprock | Customer Relations Agent

Insel Air International B.V.
    Dokweg 19, Maduro Plaza | Willemstad, Curaçao
    T +5999 737 4440 | www.fly-inselair.com
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979
    glad they got back to you albeit a bit late

I've flown with Insel on all my connecting flights to and from Aruba, the only exception being in January 2014 when I had to fly with Tiara Air as the online travel agency where I booked my ticket had an iron clad arrangement going on with them. As for Insel I look forward to flying with them on my next trip to Aruba, especially since they resumed operations in T&T in December of 2014. What I'll be looking forward to the most will be receiving my boarding passes for both flights immediately upon check-in which will allow me to go through the Transit area on arrival in Curacao instead of having to go through Immigration, Customs and check in for my next flight, then through security and outgoing immigration.

Also just be glad that it's Insel and not LIAT conducting flights from Miami to Aruba. LIAT stands for Leeward Islands Air Transport, but for those of us who have experienced flying with them it also means Leave Island Any Time or Luggage in Another Terminal.

Curacao time is similar to Aruba-time
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Curacao time is similar to Aruba-time
    True Jacki. As someone who was raised among island time( yet I still rush to make it early to events, appointments and such), the few hours that I get to spend on Curacao on my way to and way from Aruba make the trip all the more special. On the way there I get to gradually get more hyped as I'm only 25 minutes away from Aruba and I get to practice my phrases in Piapamento while going through Immigration, while checking in for my connecting flight and purchasing stuff in the airport( scored some extra fries at the Wendy's(on the outside) and the Sports Bar(in the departure area) after speaking a little bit with them). Somehow every time I fly through Curacao the boarding gate for my flight is always next to the gate where a flight bound for the Netherlands is about to board and its crowded with passengers waiting to board. When traveling with Insel I always wonder what type of aircraft we will be using? If they tell me there is no assigned seating when I receive my boarding pass, its going to be a small aircraft. If I have an assigned seat number, its going to be a medium sized aircraft. Regardless of the type or size, its always a pleasant flight over.

On the way back the stop in Curacao is my last few hours of vacation before returning home to my regular life in T&T. And I have to endure the torture of hearing boarding announcements for flights to Aruba over the P.A. system, sigh!! To deal with the post trip blues I usually bury me head inside the pages of a new book to keep my mind off the fact that I'm going to be farther away from my favorite One Happy Island.