Aruba Beach

Thread: Of interest to Canadian/Toronto travellers

Of interest to Canadian/Toronto travellers

See the link below. Sunwing stared this service on this past Friday

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-eng.do?nid=621569

Somewhat wonderful news. At least there is going to be a somewhat regular service to paradise. The price, well, that's another matter I won't whinge about here.
    As I said, it's nice to hear.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

While I do agree that it is nice to have another Canadian airline that flies to Aruba, it is still not without some issues.

If you do not live in Toronto (like myself) you will need to fly to Toronto so there is added costs. The flights are not cheap and are similar in pricing (during the high season like Christmas) to Air Canada. The cost during the winter is cheaper than Air Canada but more expensive than many of the US carriers. If I need to fly to a US city and then continue onto Aruba it is still cheaper for me as I am not able to take a direct flight. In addition, Toronto airport taxes are higher than the US cities. If you live in Toronto and want a direct flight, not during high season than Sunwing is cheaper than Air Canada. Thomas Cook also has charter flights to Aruba direct from Toronto.

On the positive side, perhaps with more airlines flying to Aruba, Air Canada will consider lowering their prices. Sunwing during the winter (not Christmas) seems to be allowing people to book on a Thursday and return on a Sunday. Most charter airlines will only allow you do travel on one week or two week intervals. Flights return to Toronto at 2am, which again if you don't live in Toronto this does not allow you to easily continue onto your home city.

happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I agree that it is nice to have more options from Canada but really as usual it only benefits those that live in Toronto. To fly from the West to Toronto makes the price prohibitive. We would love to avoid flying to the US then on, but for the extra $500 per person it costs generally it is not worth it. Maybe one day the airlines will remember there are other parts of the country.

Okay my rant is over...........I think.

It's times like this that I'm so happy to be Canadian....
    (yeah, that was a bit sarcastic).
    Gouge, gouge, gouge, it's the Canadian financial way...
    Mr. Ratt

Hi Randi

Just to let you know that I was making bookings for Nov aand one party was from Montreal and the other from Toronto. The carrier was Air Canada and the tickets were approx $555 plus tax. Imagine my surprise when I put in the info for Montreal. It turned out that it came up Flight 1294 ( Montreal to Aruba) which is the same flight number for Toronto to Aruba direct. It turns out the flight from Montreal comes to Toronto and then onto Aruba. Both tickets were the same price. I was expecting to see an additinal charge for Montreal, but no..it was exactly the same.
    Go figure!!! I am sure the airlines employ a specially trained group to deliberately confuse and baffle us all.

On a more personal note I am always happy if our great friends in Toronto can get to Aruba often and at a good price. Especially when we get to see them

...and considering the weather's getting, well, the usual for Toronto this time of year, we're more than glad to head to paradise as soon as life permits. Personally, it couldn't come soon enough for the Lady and I.
    Mr. Ratt