Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: issues with communications USAIRWAYS

issues with communications USAIRWAYS

Please everyone check your flights and reservations. I booked in Jan for my AUG.trip to Aruba through USAIR . I checked my itinerary in March . They added another connection changed times and changed my arrival date when I come home to the next day WITHOUT letting me know. I called US Air and got nowhere and the rep kept saying I will give you a refund ....Even with talking to a supervisor there was No explanation at all why they didn't contact me. I got my refund and booked with DElta. Last time I fly USAIR.
    Next Aruba Trip [Countdown8/4- 8/18 200PM:]!

We have had similar experience with Delta.

We have had "equipment changes" (different size plane) where we have lost our assigned seats and one year they cut one day of our vacation returning us to ATL on Monday because they decided they were not going to fly on Tuesdays.

You are best off checking your reservation online at least once a week regardless which airline.

It happens all the time when you book more than six months out. Flight schedules aren't really locked in and finalized until about 90 days prior. Even after that you can still have crew or aircraft issues that will cause an issue, though that is far less common.

Big price jump

I booked early because I wanted a good flight time home because we are an hours drive from BDL.. Little did I know that I'm glad I did because the prices are up now $200 a ticket for Aug... It is such a gamble with no crystal ball when to book. Looking forward to JBlue from Mass or Providence. BDL always needs a connection....

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    You are best off checking your reservation online at least once a week regardless which airline.

Every Monday like clockwork I check. and its a good thing too coz Air Tran changed my flight to leaving an hour later then planned.

USair does NOT have this market cornered... all airlines do this one time or another

usair change

I booked my flight in March and I just checked my itinerary to find that it had been changed also, but only by about 5 minutes. Will be in Aruba August 4-18th can't wait.
    Bernie

Shouldn't they send an email or automated text? Also flying US Airways on 8/11 and flights changed about 5 mins so not a huge deal but they should at least give you a heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Boonie View Post
    Shouldn't they send an email or automated text? Also flying US Airways on 8/11 and flights changed about 5 mins so not a huge deal but they should at least give you a heads up!
    Our experience has been sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Now I check my itinerary weekly because I don't want anymore surprises. Coming home the next day is a big deal.....I still don't understand why the airlines don't contact us if there is a change..Things that make you go hmmm......

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    We booked about two weeks ago for the first week in July with Airtran and have gotten two emails already notifying us of changes. The second one was kind of silly. It was a five minute change in departure from Atlanta with a five minute change in arrival. At least they emailed and had us confirm receipt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast