Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Items in Carry on bag

Items in Carry on bag

Does anyone know if it is okay to bring peanut butter, Jelly and tuna fish packets with the water already drained in my carry on bag? I would like to bring this with me and not place it in my actually suitcase. Please let me know if you know this already. There not liquids so it should be okay right?

think that might be considered a liquid....you can try it and worse case scenerio....they take it have lunch with it at your expense.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Eagle Beach, Passions, Under a palapa, Mangos.
    In the beginning of May we flew from Pittsburgh to Aruba (with a stop in Charlotte). They took away my peanut butter during security and said we were not aloud to have it. I'm assuming this would also make jelly a prohibited item. We didn't put up a fight, we bought delicious dutch peanut butter in Aruba.

Andrea

ughhhhh - you might try contacting the airline since rules/reg change so much.

Aruba since 1979
    yes tuna allowed in the packets of which you speak.
    no to the PB and jelly.
    we had PB and the squeeze kind of jelly removed from our carry on a few yrs ago.

some tsa agents are more lenient than others and could let the pb slide, but for all intents and purposes in my experience has been treated as a liquid.
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by mgenestra View Post
    Does anyone know if it is okay to bring peanut butter, Jelly and tuna fish packets with the water already drained in my carry on bag? I would like to bring this with me and not place it in my actually suitcase. Please let me know if you know this already. There not liquids so it should be okay right?

Thank you all for letting me know. I did send an email to the airline asking but who knows if they will get back to me by Saturday. I will pack the PB in my suitcase since its plactic but the jelly I will just buy in Aruba. Thank you all.

I'm so lookijng forward to my 2nd trip back. Its been a rough year so far so I need this break more then anything.

They jelly should be fine in your suitcase if you do not mind the weight. Just make sure you place it in a ziploc bag and then pack in the middle of the suitcase padded by clothing all around it.

We travel home with multiple bottles of beer in our suitcase and have never had any issues.

As others have mentioned, it's fine in the checked bag and will be confiscated if it is in your carry-on. I see it happen at least once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by mgenestra View Post
    Thank you all for letting me know. I did send an email to the airline asking but who knows if they will get back to me by Saturday. I will pack the PB in my suitcase since its plactic but the jelly I will just buy in Aruba. Thank you all.

I'm so lookijng forward to my 2nd trip back. Its been a rough year so far so I need this break more then anything.
    put the jelly in a zippy bag and wrap some articlle of clothing around it....we have taken big glass bottles of booze with us and never had one break so far....

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    They jelly should be fine in your suitcase if you do not mind the weight. Just make sure you place it in a ziploc bag and then pack in the middle of the suitcase padded by clothing all around it.

We travel home with multiple bottles of beer in our suitcase and have never had any issues.

Oops, sorry ArubaLisa I did not even read your response.....didn't mean to repeat something that was already posted....but at least they know it can be done without worry of breakage....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast