Aruba Beach

Thread: Jet Blue Amex Card: Worth It??

Jet Blue Amex Card: Worth It??

Anyone here have a Jet Blue Amex? Is it worth getting?? I know that currently you need to use your True Points before 1 year. I don't have enough points for a ticket, but if I get the Amex I will get bonus points for joining, and then I can actually buy points. To get my total where it needs to be for a "sorta" free ticket (not truly free).

Give me the goods and bads please if you have the card..
    Decided to take down my timer!

Aruba since 1979
    yup we have the AMEX jet blue
    we find that AMEX is not as readily accepted as master card or visa
    it has been slow going accumulating points on that card.

:-(
    andrea

In a few months only JetBlue will completely change their TrueBlue program.
    Points will no longer expire even if you don't have the Amex card...

Great for us as well since we were unable to get the JetBlue Amex cc in Canada...

See the new program details:
    https://www.jetblue.com/trueblue/new...BlueNewProgram

The points can still expire if you don't get the card. If you have the card as long as you make one purchase a year on the card the points don't expire. If you don't have the card then: the fine print

2 Points don't expire as long as you earn points through flying JetBlue or through the use of the JetBlue Card from American Express on eligible purchases at least once in a 12 month period.

So not sure. But it does seem that they are increasing the amount of points when you buy tickets.

You're right the points still can expire:
    Points don't expire as long as you earn points through flying JetBlue or through the use of the JetBlue Card from American Express on eligible purchases at least once in a 12 month period.

But for us it's like they don't expire as we use JetBlue twice a year...

Before this new change it was almost impossble for us to get a free flight... at least with this new change it will be posssible...

I was thinking the same thing. Even if I only use the card to buy airline tickets each year... Then with the points from the tickets themselves, and the purchase price, maybe we will get tickets every other year.

So my wife and I might both get the card. Since the points are non-transferable.

I think the card is great, and use it most everywhere. I pay my taxes, car insurance, cable bill, groceries, etc...pretty much everything with the card. This past trip we all flew for free with the card so its well worth the $40 per year.
    You should note that the Jetblue points program will be changing this fall. It may effect your decision.
    https://www.jetblue.com/trueblue/newprogram/