Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jet Blue from Boston

Jet Blue from Boston

We'll be traveling from Boston to Aruba Nov 9th for our first trip. I would like to fly direct. When should I start watching for flights?

Aruba since 1979
    maybe 4 or 5 months out would be the time to look........sometime after mid june or july?
    also too if the flight price drops after you have booked, you can contact JB for a credit on future travel

Quote Originally Posted by mrussell View Post
    We'll be traveling from Boston to Aruba Nov 9th for our first trip. I would like to fly direct. When should I start watching for flights?

Agree with Andrea, 5 months out is a good time to start looking. I travel JB out of Boston every trip. When traveling in November I usually book in June. For our upcoming May trip I booked in November because I happened to check and fares were $478 per person round trip, nonstop, which I felt was a good price. Keep in mind that if prices go down after you book, JB will credit you for the difference and all it takes is a phone call. They put it in a travel bank and the credit is good for one year
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 01-01-2013 at 05:52 PM.

I'd wait until 2-2 1/2 months before travel. That's when Jet Blue's prices tend to be lowest. While it's true you can always get a credit if the prices drop, the credit stays on JB's books and you have to use it within a year or it's gone. I guess that's OK but I'd rather have the money in my bank.

Very true AndyM ....but it would be a great excuse to book another vacation!

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    jet blue is schizophrenic!!! You have no idea what they do. 2days ago I priced a flight for $672. the next day it was $317 and the day after back to $672. I would check daily until you find a price that you like.

I bought our tickets 6 months out, paid $700 each. When the price dropped I got an $89 credit per ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by DPEmerald View Post
    I bought our tickets 6 months out, paid $700 each. When the price dropped I got an $89 credit per ticket.

Keep checking, our $727 tickets are now $416.

My $700 tickets (2) are now $544, already have almost $300 in my travel bank. It makes it worth booking the flight you want to early, if the price changes they give you a credit no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by DPEmerald View Post
    My $700 tickets (2) are now $544, already have almost $300 in my travel bank. It makes it worth booking the flight you want to early, if the price changes they give you a credit no questions asked.
    I would argue that you should wait until later and get the lower price first rather than a credit. Then keep checking for more price reductions. They're not going to sell out the plane and leave you stuck at home.

We leave for two weeks in Aruba on the 27th of this month. I bought the tickets in late Sept or early Oct. for $727 each. The biggest price drop was on Thanksgiving day when they dropped to around $505. They have since dropped to $416. As a result, I have a $622 credit with JB. I see no reason to buy before Thanksgiving next year (actually one day less than a year from when the credit was issued). I'd rather have the cash in my hands than at JB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast