Aruba Beach

Thread: Jet Blue Credits for Reduced Air Fares - A word of Caution

Jet Blue Credits for Reduced Air Fares - A word of Caution

I bought my Aruba tickets from JB earlier this month just before my oldest credits from last year's trip expired. Today I checked the prices and saw a $205 price reduction per ticket so I called for a credit to my JB account.

The service rep told me since I used credits to pay for part of the ticket, my new credits would carry the old credits' expiration dates! Since some of the credits I used have future expiration dates, my new credits will have those old dates. As a result, half the credits I just received expire before we leave for Aruba in January. Frankly, I think that stinks.

I'll have to rethink my ticket purchase strategy for next time.

Aruba since 1979
    oh boy
    unfortunate indeed
    how does one keep track of all of this kind of stuff?
    do they make up the rules as they go along?
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    I bought my Aruba tickets from JB earlier this month just before my oldest credits from last year's trip expired. Today I checked the prices and saw a $205 price reduction per ticket so I called for a credit to my JB account.

The service rep told me since I used credits to pay for part of the ticket, my new credits would carry the old credits' expiration dates! Since some of the credits I used have future expiration dates, my new credits will have those old dates. As a result, half the credits I just received expire before we leave for Aruba in January. Frankly, I think that stinks.

I'll have to rethink my ticket purchase strategy for next time.

do this Andy: log in your JB trueblue and send e maillease help me move expiration date on my credit line due to my dates of flying beyond existing dates on JB schedule.they did it to me and my wife.at least once it is curtesy as they put it

Email customer service. This just happened to me also. It's all my money. And my husband, sitting next to me, would be flying cheaper than I am. Just made no sense. They agreed to extend my Travel Bank dollars if I contact them in the expiration month. This policy needs to be changed.

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    Same thing happened to me. Glad to know I can get that back from Customer Service!!!

Found out our son and his new bride are flying up from FL for Thanksgiving so I used my expiring credits to pay for one leg of their flight. The pressure's off until next November.