Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jet Blue in CT

Jet Blue in CT

Just read a local news report yesterday that Jet Blue will be making some flights out of Bradley Airport in CT. I don't know where they're flying, but this is good news. Wouldn't it be grand if they offered a nonstop to AUA??

My guess is they will be flying to Florida from BDL.

That would be awesome! BDL is 35 minutes from our house and we love Jet Blue! They also fly out of Charlotte, so if they can't do non-stop BDL-AUA, my vote would be a connection in CLT!

Hope to hear more about this - any idea when this will start?

Here's a link to the article in the Hartford Courant.

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-j...0,784236.story

Aruba since 1979
    JetBlue Coming To Bradley [The Hartford Courant, Conn.]
    RECENT JBLU NEWS
    Summary Box: Anti-carryon bag fee legislation
    04/14/2010 7:51 PM ET
    Final Glance: Airlines companies
    04/14/2010 5:47 PM ET
    Senators act to stop airline carryon charges
    04/14/2010 4:13 PM ET
    Midday Glance: Airlines companies
    04/14/2010 1:01 PM ET
    Apr. 13--JetBlue Airways and Bradley International Airport are close to announcing the discount carrier's plans to start flying from Connecticut, most likely to and from Florida or San Juan, Puerto Rico, according to a source familiar with the plan.

On Monday a JetBlue spokesman acknowledged that the airline is "evaluating" Bradley's market, but refused to offer details. The Connecticut Department of Transportation, which operates Bradley for the state, said it is "always talking to airlines" but had nothing to announce "at the moment."

Based at New York's John F. Kennedy Airport, JetBlue has been expanding service to and from airports in the Northeast, Boston in particular, and soon expects to become the largest carrier operating at Boston Logan. Besides Boston, the airline already serves airports in Portland, Me., Burlington and Rutland Vt., Hyannis and Provincetown, Mass., and White Plains, New York.

From Bradley, which is New England's second biggest airport, JetBlue would most likely serve Florida or San Juan due to the airline's existing interest in those destinations, which do well from the Northeast, the source said.

That could put JetBlue in competition with any of several different airlines already operating at Bradley -- including rival discount carrier Southwest. The source did not know how many flights a day Jet Blue is likely to offer or when they would begin.

Robert Mann, an airline consultant based on Long Island, agreed that Florida and the Caribbean would be likely destinations for JetBlue from Bradley. Washington, DC, and cities on the West Coast might also fit, he said.

"They're looking for alternatives to service at JFK," Mann said, but still like the Northeast as a market.

"It's a densely populated area of the country with great spending power," he said.

To see more of The Hartford Courant, or to subscribe to the newspaper, go to http://www.courant.com/.

Quote Originally Posted by EHampite View Post
    That would be awesome! BDL is 35 minutes from our house and we love Jet Blue! They also fly out of Charlotte, so if they can't do non-stop BDL-AUA, my vote would be a connection in CLT!

Hope to hear more about this - any idea when this will start?
    If Jet Blue adds another flight to Aruba, it will be from Orlando or Fort Lauderdale. I thought they had already announced it, but I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    If Jet Blue adds another flight to Aruba, it will be from Orlando or Fort Lauderdale. I thought they had already announced it, but I can't find it.
    That would be fine by me, as well. To be honest, if JetBlue flew out of BDL, I wouldn't mind where the connection was! Maybe eventually they will even consider a flight from SJU to AUA...the route AA abandoned.

Aruba since 1979
    i loved that AA route to AUA via SJ.
    i miss it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by EHampite View Post
    That would be fine by me, as well. To be honest, if JetBlue flew out of BDL, I wouldn't mind where the connection was! Maybe eventually they will even consider a flight from SJU to AUA...the route AA abandoned.

I love that jet blue is coming to bradley. We are flying out in 10 days to Aruba from Boston. It a hall to Boston from SE ct.

Quote Originally Posted by slb5600 View Post
    I love that jet blue is coming to bradley. We are flying out in 10 days to Aruba from Boston. It a hall to Boston from SE ct.
    We were really excited about this until we checked out the flight schedule. They have very limited flights out of BDL right now and we were unable to find any connections to AUA! They have flights to Orlando and Fort Lauderdale, neither of which has flights to AUA. They have several Caribbean destinations, but not AUA. So disappointed. We are hoping that they eventually will expand their flights and at least give us a connection through JFK or SJU. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast