Aruba Beach

Thread: Jet Blue - December Trip - Pricing Questions

Jet Blue - December Trip - Pricing Questions

Hi, sadly I missed the JetBlue sale last month.

We're traveling early in December from Boston.

The prices seem to be fluctuating but are on the higher side (683 out, 735 back) for the dates we selected.

I haven't tracked, historically, the rates, but is there likely to be a sale/reduction at some point between now and then? Or was that sale a one-time deal and I should just book with the rates as they are now?

If anyone has any tips based on past experiences we would appreciate them!
    Last edited by dursman; 04-24-2012 at 03:00 PM.

In my experience, it seems that Jet Blue out of Boston has the lowest rates right when they are released. The prices you quoted seem to be what they are running right now for that time. I would book them and then keep an eye on it. If Jet Blue drops their prices, you can call and get a credit that you can use on your next flight - not ideal, but you have a year to use the credit. I have done that the last two years and it has worked out well. (I can then use that credit as an excuse to go again!!) You have to watch it yourself as they will not notify you when the drop the prices.

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    a friend just booked jet blue out of Boston dec 8- 22 round trip for $631, non stop. AA was $580 with stops in Miami. us air and united both with stops around $600. traveling on tues and wed are about $100 cheaper. Go with jb and keep checking daily for price drops(it does happen and sometimes more than once) call them and get credited for future use.

Thanks for the advice paul and hockeymom.

I pushed our trip back to the 2nd week of December, flying down on a Thrs. AM and home a week from the next Monday PM non-stop out of Boston. Price was $581 (of course it went up $40 within the two hours I was looking at it lol).

Overall difference of $300+ so I'm satisfied with that. Would rather spend that money on an extra night in Aruba as opposed to airfare!
    Last edited by dursman; 04-24-2012 at 11:49 PM.

JB prices for your flight will fluctuate. We bought tickets the day they became available May/June 2011 for January 2012. The price dropped 4 times and we ended up with $223 in credits per ticket.

You should check JB website frequently for price changes and calling right away for credits.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    JB prices for your flight will fluctuate. We bought tickets the day they became available May/June 2011 for January 2012. The price dropped 4 times and we ended up with $223 in credits per ticket.

You should check JB website frequently for price changes and calling right away for credits.
    I plan on it. Do I just call their 800 number and give my flight info or is there another step involved?

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    800 #

Quote Originally Posted by dursman View Post
    I plan on it. Do I just call their 800 number and give my flight info or is there another step involved?
    Call the 800 # and get to a live person. They don't have an automated option for credits. After they list the menu options press "zero" a couple of times. You get a live person. Have your confirmation number handy.