Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jet blue drops prices

Jet blue drops prices

I just heard that Jet Blue had dropped their prices on upcoming flights. I checked our flight in two weeks and the price had dropped. I called Jet Blue and got a credit. So our cost for direct flights for two from Boston went from $1073 to $874.

Wow!! I hope that happens when my husband and I go in September! We just booked for a total of $1044, direct flight for 2. It's pricey, but the arrival time will be 1147am and our return time will be 535pm. This will help our 3 hr drive back home. We usually end up landing close to midnight which makes it difficult.
    Enjoy your 4th trip! We are also going to make our 4th trip this fall!

If just the outgoing flight dropped and the return flight went up...............can I get a credit on just the outgoing flight? 4days and a wakeup!!!!!!

I don't see why not? It's worth a phone call.

Keep checking your flights. I know it's a pain, but it can be worth it. I originally booked our flights in September as the rate was good back then. I've been keeping an eye on it, mostly to check our seats to see if anyone took the seat beside us - ha. I noticed the plane was only half full?? (but someone took the seat beside us) Anyway the flight went up alot last month when the fuel started going up, but then I guess they figured a full plane was better and dropped the price. I don't know how many people would book a flight to Aruba two weeks out, but maybe. We'll see how full the plane is in two weeks.

As a matter of fact, we'll be on the plane right now - woo hoo!! Good luck!!

That's great. That is why I book threw Orbitzs for my airfare bc if someone books the same flight for cheaper then I get a refund. Last year we got back $85.00. We fly US Airways non-stop from Philadelphia.

They gave you money back? When i've booked with travelocity I called and it has to be within 24 hours of booking the original flight for them to do that. Needless to say it was like 48 hours and they didn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by staciarn01 View Post
    Wow!! I hope that happens when my husband and I go in September! We just booked for a total of $1044, direct flight for 2. It's pricey, but the arrival time will be 1147am and our return time will be 535pm. This will help our 3 hr drive back home. We usually end up landing close to midnight which makes it difficult.
    Enjoy your 4th trip! We are also going to make our 4th trip this fall!
    That's a much better price than what I looked up for Weeks 38 & 39, it was $1700 for two non-stop from Boston. I sure hope prices come down to around a grand.

I wish they would come down for August I just looked and they are still at $1944.20 for two. OUCH!
    Next Aruba trip in

Just found a great deal for Amsterdam Manor and r/t direct flight from Boston in May.

I really don't know much about the inner workings of airlines, but it gets me to scratching my head when it costs approx. $300 to fly round trip to Florida, but it costs $1700 to fly to Aruba. I know it's considered an international flight but I somehow feel price gouging somewhere in the mix. Eventually, it will kill the golden goose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast