Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jet blue drops prices

Aruba since 1979
    $1700!!!??!! yikes
    where do you fly from?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattyt View Post
    I really don't know much about the inner workings of airlines, but it gets me to scratching my head when it costs approx. $300 to fly round trip to Florida, but it costs $1700 to fly to Aruba. I know it's considered an international flight but I somehow feel price gouging somewhere in the mix. Eventually, it will kill the golden goose.

Hello Andrea, I fly from BOS(Logan) and those were the direct flight rates I looked up last week for two, it just seems kind of pricey.

Aruba since 1979
    for 2 from boston..........ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattyt View Post
    Hello Andrea, I fly from BOS(Logan) and those were the direct flight rates I looked up last week for two, it just seems kind of pricey.

Yikes

Your itinerary

2 travelers roundtrip: Boston, MA (BOS) to Aruba, AW (AUA)

• Departing Flight #773
      9/24 7:00AM
      9/24 11:43AM

• Returning Flight #776
      10/7 3:00PM
      10/7 7:55PM

Supply, demand and competition are key. Not to mention the price of fuel.

Longer flights require more fuel.

There are a very limited number of non-stop SEATS to fill from Boston to Aruba.

They can charge more if they want, because some folks will pay the price. There are more people traveling now than a year ago.

If not, the airline always has the option to lower the price to fill seats last minute. Their goal is to fill the plane.

I can fly from NYC to Aruba for about $400 pp. Weekday fares on Delta from Atlanta have been about $850 pp.

Aruba since 1979
    so in other words......(i am not putting words in your mouth though lisa) they charge high prices because they "can"

we are using miles for our august trip to aruba, but last time i looked AA was tpa-mia-aua was approx $450 pp including tax

not as reasonable as airtran but compared to what some folks are paying i guess it is ok.

$
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Supply, demand and competition are key. Not to mention the price of fuel.

Longer flights require more fuel.

There are a very limited number of non-stop SEATS to fill from Boston to Aruba.

They can charge more if they want, because some folks will pay the price. There are more people traveling now than a year ago.

If not, the airline always has the option to lower the price to fill seats last minute. Their goal is to fill the plane.

I can fly from NYC to Aruba for about $400 pp. Weekday fares on Delta from Atlanta have been about $850 pp.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    so in other words......(i am not putting words in your mouth though lisa) they charge high prices because they "can"

we are using miles for our august trip to aruba, but last time i looked AA was tpa-mia-aua was approx $450 pp including tax

not as reasonable as airtran but compared to what some folks are paying i guess it is ok.

$
    Absolutely positively yes.

We have lived in Atlanta for 10 years and Delta was the ONLY non-stop carrier to Aruba up until about 1 1/2 years ago when Air Tran started their flights.

Delta can name their own price during the week.

Weekends they tend to compete with Air Tran HOWEVER, that will limit an Aruba vacation to 7, 8, 14 or 15 nights. For us personally, 8 nights is too short and 14 nights is too long due to the added hotel expense.

Least expensive Air Tran flight now is $427 pp
    Week end Delta $674
    Week day Delta $887

$450 pp from TPA is a "fair" price. About what my parents pay from MIA, off peak season.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 03-22-2011 at 11:03 AM. Reason: spelling

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we're flying from newark to aruba non-stop on continental and got the fare for $338 plus taxes. it equals $875 for two people.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    we're flying from newark to aruba non-stop on continental and got the fare for $338 plus taxes. it equals $875 for two people.
    Sounds a lot better than the $674 from Atlanta and Atlanta is much closer to Aruba

Just bought our return flight from AUA for Sept 17th nonstop Jet Blue it is 349.00. I paid 269.00 for the flight down on Sept 3rd. Supply and demand Jet Blue is the only game in town for a non stop in the September timeframe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12