Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: jet blue lost my SIL luggage on NON stop

Rob,

Jet Blue lost my wife's luggage in Jan 09. We flew JB direct from Logan and I watched the ticket person slap both with AUA tags and throw them on the belt. It was 5AM and 5 degrees in Boston. One of the bag handlers between the ticket counter and the plane must have had a brain freeze because my bag arrived in Aruba but hers went to Florida.

It was a bit of a hassle but soon after we settled into the hotel JB confirmed that it was in FL and that it would be in Aruba the next day by 2PM. It arrived at the hotel at 3 PM the next day.

Good luck.

Splash -- Heading to USVI this year. back to Aruba next year maybe.

UPDATE ON LUGGAGE...
    After 36 hours of calls to jetblue, faxed luggage receipts and ticket no luggage found by them.
    Guess what...DH works for Homeland security at home..and guess who found it..HIM! So, as the story goes the luggage will fly to JFK then back to boston then back to aruba.
    SHAME ON JETBLUE...and guess how much they offered her a day, $25...
    AGAIN, SHAME ON JETBLUE.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979
    does she have any kind of trip insurance?
    usually there is a luggage clause in it.

glad the luggage is enroute...sort of?

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    UPDATE ON LUGGAGE...
    After 36 hours of calls to jetblue, faxed luggage receipts and ticket no luggage found by them.
    Guess what...DH works for Homeland security at home..and guess who found it..HIM! So, as the story goes the luggage will fly to JFK then back to boston then back to aruba.
    SHAME ON JETBLUE...and guess how much they offered her a day, $25...
    AGAIN, SHAME ON JETBLUE.

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    not good but at least it was found... And I hope that its not ruining her trip!
    25.00 what the heck is that???? cant even buy a shirt for that! but if they are giving.. I would be taking!!!

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    What a rough start to a happy time..... so sorry. Glad it was found, but still......., and $25/day....... better than nothing I guess.
    My luggage was "misplaced" once (went to NY) on a trip to the Bahamas and I was so bummed. Especially about new stuff I had bought for the trip! We waited at the Miami airport for the next flight from NY (about 5 hrs). Now I always have sandals, shorts, and bathing suit in my carry-on (I wear cropped pants, a tee, long sleeved shirt, and windbreaker), as well as jewelry, meds, and anything else I can't replace.

Luggage showed up at 4 PM.....48 hours late. Went from Boston to Cancun (yes, Cancun) to New York to Boston to Aruba. Got to Aruba at 12 noon. Was told that it could be picked up but....get this....THE COST OF THE TAXI WOULD NOT BE REIMBURSEABLE!

I could not care less about their TV screens on the planes....Jet Blue is an on-the-cheap disgrace in what is a generally pathetic industry.

Jet Blue did not even find the luggace....SIL's luggage was found by friends of her husband, who happens to work at an airport.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Luggage showed up at 4 PM.....48 hours late. Went from Boston to Cancun (yes, Cancun) to New York to Boston to Aruba. Got to Aruba at 12 noon. Was told that it could be picked up but....get this....THE COST OF THE TAXI WOULD NOT BE REIMBURSEABLE!
    Ouch, most airlines deliver it to the hotel. That is just adding insult to injury.

Luggage showed up at 4 PM.....48 hours late. Went from Boston to Cancun (yes, Cancun) to New York to Boston to Aruba. Got to Aruba at 12 noon.
    You should ask them to apply the miles that your luggage flew to your frequent flier account!

Last edited by rpumpire; 04-17-2010 at 01:35 AM.

Now that is a good idea. But good luck with that. LOL LOL
    Well I hope the rest of her vacation goes well!

Quote Originally Posted by rpumpire View Post
    You should ask them to apply the miles that your luggage flew to your frequent flier account!

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    They wouldn't even send it to the hotel???? That is horrible!! And unbelievable! I hope your SIL contacts someone at JB when she gets home and gives them a piece of her mind!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast