Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: jet blue points program

jet blue points program

I know I have said this before but the Jetblue points program is outstanding when paired with their credit card- I have the one with the 100 yearly fee. I purchased several round trip tickets last month for our upcoming trips and drained every single point I had to have us fly home for free this coming summer. Today I just looked to see if my monthly charges were updated....and yes they were! I now have enough points for 2 of us to fly for free in March or all three of us at certain parts in the summer. I am not a member with any other airline but I would be shocked if any had better points programs. I believe its 6 or 7 points for every dollar spent on JB.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 02-06-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    great!
    i am glad that you know how to work the airline point system.

it takes a little bit of work to get it all figured out and some plans are not very user friendly.
    we are happy with our SWA rapid rewards plan...that is the airline that we typically fly to Aruba and New England.

glad to hear that your jet blue is not disappointing!

folks, if you have an airlines reward card and are comfortable charging EVERYTHING day in and day out and it puts no undue debt on your end, then you should do it

And we do. We have 2 American Airline credit cards and 1 Holiday Inn card. We charge everything, including my moms $9000 rent every month. Those points add up quick!

I have a Citicard that earns me American Airlines miles. I once fly Business Class to LA round trip for 2 people with just points. However, I had around 200K of points. I rarely Fly AA anymore so maybe I should change to Jet Blue. Also the Capitol One Card supposedly you can use the miles for any airlines. Not sure how that works though.

Aruba since 1979
    when my mom was in assisted living and then in a nursing home we did the same with our credit card.
    also son's college costs.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    And we do. We have 2 American Airline credit cards and 1 Holiday Inn card. We charge everything, including my moms $9000 rent every month. Those points add up quick!

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    These are the 2 that are working well for us too. I have a Southwest card because I got a great sign up bonus that made it worth it, but I think I"m going to cancel before the next annual fee because spreading things between 3 isn't worth it. You really have to commit to charging everything and to the brands to make it work.

It was either someone on this site or on TA that got me to get an airline card...I am newer to the points game but loving every second of it. I will probably save the points till next summer and we can all fly for free then but they often burn a whole in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    great!
    i am glad that you know how to work the airline point system.

it takes a little bit of work to get it all figured out and some plans are not very user friendly.
    we are happy with our SWA rapid rewards plan...that is the airline that we typically fly to Aruba and New England.

glad to hear that your jet blue is not disappointing!

folks, if you have an airlines reward card and are comfortable charging EVERYTHING day in and day out and it puts no undue debt on your end, then you should do it

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Booked our flight last month and happy to be flying "free again" on AA. Charge everything, bills on line, groceries, gas you name it and pay it in full day bill arrives. DH finally convinced me to charge my 99 cent coffee at Cumby's but I've only done that twice, always feel weird about charging such a small item and wonder if the store likes that or not. Sat thru too many "speeches" while flying USAir listening to the talk about the cc and watching how many people would raise their hands that were flying free so we finally tried it. Now use AA card and it is fun to watch the points add up.

We use a Capitol 1 Business Card and it works great. We don't fly a lot but when we do we rarely have to pay for airfare. We charge as much as we can and pay it off every month.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

My SIL uses an airline card for all purchases and has achieved free companion tickets for a year! Awesome reward!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast