Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: jet blue points program

Aruba since 1979
    when we moved into this house, we had some renovations and refresh to do.
    after getting estimates and interviewing contractors , we found that lowes was the best price and the contractor they assigned had great reviews.
    so we dumped the entire reno project onto the SWA credit card.......about $35K
    those air miles brought us to new england and back that summer.

there really is a lot to be said about using the credit card for just about everything......providing you pay it off and not pay interest.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I Really loved flying Delta last year but noticed their miles program is American Express. I probably would have signed up but not sure how many merchants except American Express these days. Anyone have experience with this card?

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    I Really loved flying Delta last year but noticed their miles program is American Express. I probably would have signed up but not sure how many merchants except American Express these days. Anyone have experience with this card?
    We've been using the Delta Skymiles Amex card for years and love it. Use it for our business and vacation travel and everything in between. Have not run into any merchant that hasn't accepted it but when we travel we do bring a back-up Visa card just in case.

We always purchase our flights to Aruba (free first class upgrades with the Delta Medallion program) and only use our miles for first class flights to Europe (like to get the most bang for our buck/mile and those flights would normally cost $3000-$5000/person.)
    ~Amy~ - Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept./Oct. 2018 --
    Italy: Nov./Dec. 2018 -- 37th trip to Aruba: New Year's Eve 2018/2019

The key is to pay it off every month. We are staying 8 nights at Holiday Inn this year entirely on points, and first class round trip flights on American using miles. That really helps stretch the budget...

I could not agree more. Points make many of our vacations free or at a big reduction almost half the time these days. We are going in 10 days and staying at the Marriott for a week free on points. The rooms were $700 each so that is a big savings (and I would never pay it) In March I am staying at the Ritz for 5 nights for free and flying on JB down and back for free so I can go to our friends wedding. In April we are paying for everything but this summer we got direct flights down for $750 total and are flying back for free. The "free" word makes me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    The key is to pay it off every month. We are staying 8 nights at Holiday Inn this year entirely on points, and first class round trip flights on American using miles. That really helps stretch the budget...

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    We've been using the Delta Skymiles Amex card for years and love it. Use it for our business and vacation travel and everything in between. Have not run into any merchant that hasn't accepted it but when we travel we do bring a back-up Visa card just in case.

We always purchase our flights to Aruba (free first class upgrades with the Delta Medallion program) and only use our miles for first class flights to Europe (like to get the most bang for our buck/mile and those flights would normally cost $3000-$5000/person.)

Thanks Amy! Figured you would know, I really did enjoy Delta over AA but knew I would be able to use my AA points this year. May have to change to Delta Card for future trips.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12