Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jet Blue question

Jet Blue question

Hi,
    I have never flown with Jet Blue, so my question is simply: how is it? Service/comfort-wise, how does it compare to, say, AA or US Air? I fly out of Boston. Thanks for any info.

Aruba since 1979
    some will say it is like comparing apples/oranges.
    JB aircraft are more comfortable for some, more comfortable leather seating, tv service (but it does die out once satellite is lost), good schedules, pricing that suits many etc...

JB is making great strides in converting AA customers into JB customers.

Me? I am still an AA person but once the miles are done, I think that I can be a convert as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicentra View Post
    Hi,
    I have never flown with Jet Blue, so my question is simply: how is it? Service/comfort-wise, how does it compare to, say, AA or US Air? I fly out of Boston. Thanks for any info.

We are converts to Jet Blue - love them! We have always flown USAir or AA. Gave up on AA a few years ago when they kept changing itineraries on us and then we flew USAir. Took our second trip on Jet Blue in January - seats are more roomy and you can upgrade to extra leg room for a price ($40 each way). We did this and it was great.

No charge for first checked bag. Yes, the direct TV cuts out, but they offer free movies on those flights because of that. They also do not charge for the soft drinks and snacks and you can ask for more!

They have won us over!

We have flown with them for the past 3 years and love the service. Flights have been on time, clean aircraft and great service both in Boston & Aruba.

I try to fly only jetblue...I love them they do not charge you for the first bag (yet). Yes seats definately have more room plenty of leg room your knees aren't in the chest for the whole ride. They have a satelitte t.v. yes going to aruba you lose the signal but they give you a choice of 3 movies free... you don't have to pay for snacks or drinks and they wil give you more than one....wowowowowow. So I definately pay the extra money for the ticket its is so worth it... You can get a cheaper flight on other airlines but add up the bag fees, they charge you for soda or snacks and talk about uncomfortable...Why wouldn't you pay a little more.......I LOVE THEM... They won me over too....

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

Jet Blue

We've had great luck with Jet Blue (Boston-Aruba) for the past three years. We converted from (AA) for all the reasons you've probably already heard. Good Luck with your upcoming flights to and from Paradise.

Thanks everyone, it looks like my husband & I will be flying on Jet Blue for our next trip. (Hopefully in September!)

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    For the past 5 years we've ONLY been flying jet blue!!! We fly out of Boston. Started with them for a Bermuda trip, as the prices were the lowest. Once we were on board, we were hooked! The flight crews are sooo friendly, the planes are incredibly clean with that "new plane" smell!, comfortable leather (?) seats, and ah, the leg room! Also, there is one certer aisle, with only two seats on each side, so we never get stuck in that middle seat! Never bothered with a leg-rooom upgrade. So it's been jetBlue to Aruba, Puerto Rico, and twice a year to Bermuda. Cheers to jetBlue! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    For the past 5 years we've ONLY been flying jet blue!!! We fly out of Boston. Started with them for a Bermuda trip, as the prices were the lowest. Once we were on board, we were hooked! The flight crews are sooo friendly, the planes are incredibly clean with that "new plane" smell!, comfortable leather (?) seats, and ah, the leg room! Also, there is one certer aisle, with only two seats on each side, so we never get stuck in that middle seat! Never bothered with a leg-rooom upgrade. So it's been jetBlue to Aruba, Puerto Rico, and twice a year to Bermuda. Cheers to jetBlue! :-)
    The aircraft with only two seats per side (Embraer E190) only make up about 27% of the JetBlue fleet. The other 70%+ are Airbus A320 and have 3 seats per side. It may come in handy when booking future flights.

JetBlue . . . worth the drive from Toronto

We travel from Toronto to the island 8+ times per year and pretty much fly JetBlue exclusively. It is 1.5 hour drive to Buffalo from Mississauga (just west of Toronto) and completely worth it:
    - Buffalo airport is s dream to fly from (and parking is affordable)
    - the JetBlue terminal T5 at JFK has likely the best food service of any airport I have flown through - and free wireless!
    - the aircraft are new, clean, and comfortable - we usually pay the extra $$ for the "even more" legroom on the JFK-AUA leg
    - the JetBlue staff are "generally" pleasant . . . although we have encountered some grumpy / indifferent staff on occasion . . . but infinitely better than Air Canada (who are generally arrogant, indifferent, and expensive - make you feel like it is a privilege to fly their airline).

So as you can see - we are HAPPY JetBlue guests who are loyal to their airline to the HAPPY island :-)

Michael

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast