Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Jetblue

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    Those travel credits are dollars you already spent. Your actual cost is to sum of the two.
    Very true Andy, But it will nice deducting that $294 off of the airfare when I return in September. Wouldn't you say so? Other airlines give you the goose egg.

  2. #32
    Senior Member AndyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Paradise Beach Villas Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattyt View Post
    Very true Andy, But it will nice deducting that $294 off of the airfare when I return in September. Wouldn't you say so? Other airlines give you the goose egg.
    It is better than nothing. Which is what you get elsewhere. But people shouldn't lose sight of the fact that they are holding your money for a year or more and not paying interest. Also, it's the hook that makes you more inclined to book a flight with them to make sure you don't lose the money. If you travel with JB regularly, that may not be a problem but in reality, you are paying for your trip over a year in advance.

  3. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    It is better than nothing. Which is what you get elsewhere. But people shouldn't lose sight of the fact that they are holding your money for a year or more and not paying interest. Also, it's the hook that makes you more inclined to book a flight with them to make sure you don't lose the money. If you travel with JB regularly, that may not be a problem but in reality, you are paying for your trip over a year in advance.
    Andy, JetBlue is the only show going direct non stop out of Boston, you are correct, they lure you in for the next year. But if you look at your options, they are not many, unless you want layovers. If we collectively stay home it will have an impact on airline prices.

  4. #34
    Senior Member AndyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Paradise Beach Villas Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattyt View Post
    Andy, JetBlue is the only show going direct non stop out of Boston, you are correct, they lure you in for the next year. But if you look at your options, they are not many, unless you want layovers. If we collectively stay home it will have an impact on airline prices.

    I know that very well. I bought two tickets in October and got a $260 credit last week. Since I used credit card points to buy the tickets, I paid an extra 26,000 points for my tickets. I put up with this because I want to fly non-stop. I see it as a necessary evil, not a boon to mankind.

  5. #35
    Senior Member miky2884's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    174
    Im trying to book for the week of April 15th, best I can find is out of JFK 972 PP, I have a 250$ credit that I have to use by midnight tonight. I guess I have to pull the trigger.

  6. #36
    Senior Member Chrisvec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    Posts
    262
    Just booked trip #7 with Jet Blue direct from Boston in May 2013 for $600 pp! Paradiise here we come!
    9th trip to Aruba in

  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    It is better than nothing. Which is what you get elsewhere. But people shouldn't lose sight of the fact that they are holding your money for a year or more and not paying interest. Also, it's the hook that makes you more inclined to book a flight with them to make sure you don't lose the money. If you travel with JB regularly, that may not be a problem but in reality, you are paying for your trip over a year in advance.
    The return on my money over the last few years has been paltry at best. The interest on my $294 they are welcome to. I only fly JetBlue because they're the only show in Boston and they know it.

  8. #38
    Senior Member Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Any beach, party, bar or Casino!!!!!!
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattyt View Post
    After my $294 in travel credits, the final cost for 2 direct non-stop Boston to Aruba was $1018. I leave tomorrow AM, but maybe they'll be one more price drop

    Now you need to use those credits that you saved on this trip and start planning your next

  9. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Now you need to use those credits that you saved on this trip and start planning your next

    Just returned Friday, boy what a tough transition! but, I'm already planning for September

  10. #40
    Senior Member AndyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Paradise Beach Villas Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,276
    Just got another round of credits for our Jan/Feb trip. Price per ticket from Boston is now$478.00! That's lower than last year by $27 per ticket.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO