Aruba Beach

Thread: JetBlue Amex Card: 20,000 points for signup until April 30

JetBlue Amex Card: 20,000 points for signup until April 30

For anyone that has been thinking about the AMEX card from Jet Blue, until the end of the month they are offering 20,000 points for the first purchase instead of the standard 10,000. 20,000 is basically enough for a one-way ticket to aruba from JFK.

If anyone is going to get it there is a referal program (hint hint) send me your email!!!
    Decided to take down my timer!

How long to get points?

Do you know how long it takes after the first purchase for them to actually post the points?
    Thanks.

I believe the bonus points take 6-8 weeks. Then after that the points are one month behind to post to your JB account. So January purchases will post in March.

Thanks for answering. That is actually what they said in the brochure, I was hoping against hope they might actually be faster than that! Thanks so much for your quick response.

When I first got the card I was the same way. I was annoyed that it took so long. Actually AMEX caused me to pay more for my tickets to Aruba.

The tickets to Aruba were not available according to the OLD Jet Blue Program! And the price went up the day before I had to buy them.

You are able to convert your new JB points to the old system to get free vouchers, but BE AWARE!! Not all flights are available for the OLD system. The new system allows any seat at any time, just buy they fast cause the more they cost, the more points you need.

So Far I have gotten a couple free flights.

I actually Abuse the Amex Card, (not in a bad way). Everything, I mean everything is purchased with the card!

Double points for resturants and other things.

I have yet to carry a balance on the card, I literally pay it multiple times a month. I will not carry a month to month balance.

If you purchase your JB tickets with the Card you get added benefits.

You get double points for the entire purchase, then on top of that you get 6 points per dollar spent on the card holders airfare (after flight has flown).

The only drawback is the $40 a year fee, but for me the points are well worth it.

Did you get in on the 20,000 bonus points???

Yes, I applied in April so I should get the bonus!

Good for you!