Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JetBlue Announces Expansion of Service from Boston to Aruba

Arrow JetBlue Announces Expansion of Service from Boston to Aruba

"JetBlue Airways Announces Expansion of Service from Boston to the Caribbean

- 25 percent increase in Caribbean departures planned -

BOSTON, Dec. 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- JetBlue Airways (Nasdaq: JBLU), the leading airline at Logan International Airport, with service to more nonstop destinations than any other airline, today announces its latest round of expansion plans for its Boston focus city.

Effective May 3, 2010, JetBlue will give a substantial boost to its Caribbean flight schedule, offering Boston travelers 25 percent more departures to cities including Aruba; Cancun, Mexico; Montego Bay, Jamaica; and San Juan, Puerto Rico.

JetBlue's expanded service to the Caribbean comes on top of its previously announced plans to grow departures from Boston by 30 percent in 2010. With its expanded schedule, JetBlue and its growing base of 1,300 Boston crewmembers will offer travelers more than 70 daily flights to 33 destinations.

Key summer schedule highlights:

* Three additional weekly flights to Aruba (for a total of five)..."

Full press release
    http://investor.jetblue.com/phoenix....0943&highlight=

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Thanks for the info..would like to try them sometime...

How I wish they would fly out of EWR

Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    How I wish they would fly out of EWR
    Roger that DannyO. Don't they fly out of AC or Philly? All 3 are pretty much the same distance for me. Newark, AC, and Philly. I should look in to them for next trip.

Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    Roger that DannyO. Don't they fly out of AC or Philly? All 3 are pretty much the same distance for me. Newark, AC, and Philly. I should look in to them for next trip.
    Jet Blue does fly out of EWR but not to Aruba.They dont fly out of AC or Philly.

Spirit flies out of ACY to Aruba THROUGH Fort Lauderdale.

Air Tran is beginning service to AUA through Atlanta and Orlando- Saturdays only.

Just priced Air Tran for June and they were $150 pp less than Delta non-stop out of Atlanta.

Just booked with Jet Blue for Sept 4th-18th 2010 nonstop from Boston. Something to look forward now to get thru the New England winter.

Arrow

"JetBlue will fly extra flights after all
    4 Dec, 2009, 11:47 (GMT -04:00)

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_66020.php

ORANJESTAD — It appears that the American airline company JetBlue Airways will still be flying extra direct flights between Boston and Aruba, in comparison with the same period last year. Last year in May, JetBlue had namely only flown one flight Boston – Aruba per week. As of May 2010, this will be increased to four or five flights per week.

Spokesman Hendrik Croes of Aruba Authority Airport had confirmed this today. It had only been yesterday, when Croes had told this newspaper that ‘the flight schedule would remain the same as always’. However, that announcement had been incorrect. JetBlue will be flying more frequently to Boston because US Airways has cancelled the flights between Boston and Aruba as of 2010, Croes further explains. Generally speaking, the latter would have carried out two to four flights per week. For that reason, the airport had submitted a request to JetBlue and American Airlines to bridge the gap. JetBlue had in any case responded to this request.

As of May 1st, 2010, there will be one direct flight between Boston and Aruba on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays. Furthermore, there will be an extra flight on the Saturday during the busy holiday period as well as on Memorial Day, Forth of July and Labor Day. JetBlue will be using an aircraft type A320 for these flights, which have a capacity of more than 150 seats."

Sopranos Piano Bar, Café 080, Costa Linda
    Couldn't get the non-stop to Aruba on Jet Blue this time (sold out?), but took it last year. Definitely the first choice in how to get here from Boston! This time, I had to take the 6 AM shuttle to Newark, and change planes (on Continental).

Iguana Joe's, Miss the Natural Bridge, Butterfly Farm
    This is great news. I will take a look into their schedule and prices. Thanks for the update Arubalisa.
    Mike M

Pool Side in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast