Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By ricky59

Thread: jetblue baggage

Unhappy jetblue baggage

just dropped my son at airport returning back to la.

the luggage over 2lbs, agent informed new jetblue policy, 100.00 for each bag!!!!

honestly jetblue between baggage fees and cancelled flights, no longer my first choice...

WOW I know who is getting a hand held luggage scale for the holidays! Mom sent him back to L.A. with one too many goodies?

$100 is steep!

DW is usually close to the limit so packs a couple of heavier items where they are accessible so she can pull it out and put it in her carry-on. It hasn't been an issue. We weigh our bags on the bathroom scale. That appears to be accurate.

There is a great Living social deal right now - $8 for a 110 lb luggage scale
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    we have a whole suitcase of "baby stuff" going to baby jacob when we fly to maine on monday.
    i have been bubble wrapping and packing for months for him. the bag is now up to 47 lbs using a scale similar to the one jacki linked.

ricky.......was your son able to pull out the 2 lbs worth of stuff and carry it on to avoid that $100 fee?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    There is a great Living social deal right now - $8 for a 110 lb luggage scale

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    One of the smartest travel items I've bought is my luggage scale. I make sure before I leave I am safe and always on the way home. I have to say I am getting better and better each year, after getting scolded a few years ago departing Aruba because I was a few lbs. over it was a little embarrassing. At least I got off with only a warning and a red face.

you bet he removed the 2 lbs...
    i was paying!!!