Aruba Beach

Thread: JetBlue Emergency Landing in Aruba

JetBlue Emergency Landing in Aruba

Was any forum member on the flight that had to turn back and land at approx 6:00pm on Friday 6th. Curious as to what happened and if passengers were able to leave or stayed an extra night. From reports it seems an engine was shutdown and the pilot dumped the fuel.

See article in Aruba Herald http://arubaherald.com/911/1888-emergency-landing.html

John
    Last edited by aquaman; 01-08-2012 at 01:57 PM.

Airbus A320s do not have the ability to dump fuel. It looks like the aircraft left Aruba on Saturday morning at 9:42 as flight 8088. I believe that would be a revenue flight with passengers on board as most airlines use 9xxx number for ferry flights.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/JBU8058
    Last edited by Chadd; 01-08-2012 at 03:31 PM. Reason: added flight info

Jet Blue Landing

My husband and I were on the flight and I think they did a good job of handling it. We really did not realize it was so serious until they had us on the ground. The landing was perfect and they did not tell us that they were dropping fuel. He did advise us that there would be emergency vehicles on the ground.
    They had us off the plane within 45 minutes and bussed us to the Renaissance with small food voucher and a pickup time for the following morning.

The flight was only the people from the canceled flight from Friday with the crew the same.

Aruba since 1979
    hi weintraub
    thanks for posting
    and welcome to the aruba.com commmunity forum

you folks were indeed fortunate to have a great crew and great mechanics that were able to land you safely and repair the plane!

QUOTE=weintraub;216767]My husband and I were on the flight and I think they did a good job of handling it. We really did not realize it was so serious until they had us on the ground. The landing was perfect and they did not tell us that they were dropping fuel. He did advise us that there would be emergency vehicles on the ground.
    They had us off the plane within 45 minutes and bussed us to the Renaissance with small food voucher and a pickup time for the following morning.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by weintraub View Post
    The flight was only the people from the canceled flight from Friday with the crew the same.
    that was my guess but I couldn't say for sure. Glad to hear that everyone was ok and that the airline was able to take care of everyone.