Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jetblue fares

bud2sam, there is a way to check how many seats are left. Just go thru the motions like you're booking that flight, and before you check out, they ask you to pick your seats. Just go that far, see how many seats are available, then stop. I've done it so many times.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by bud2sam View Post
    No competition, if another airline would offer direct non stop from Bos. to Aruba JB might lower their fares.
    Freaking AA screwed us on this one( we loved them at one point.)...no more direct...yah, we need the competition. Hate having a lay over, got screwed b4 on that ! Not happy here..

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    why not consider AA thru JFK and then on to Aruba?

About 4 yrs. ago we were to fly from Prov. to Philadelphia on a Friday. Started snowing shortly before take off and we were delayed. This was in Dec. We missed our connecting flight from Philadelphia to Aruba. Got a later flight to Miami and then on to Aruba. We got to Aruba at midnight instead of 4. Found that our luggage was not put on through to Aruba. It stayed in Philadelphia and arrived Tues. afternoon. Couldn't go shopping until Sat. Not thinking that our luggage might not make it we did not take any clothing in our carry on. That will never happen again though.

I called the airline so many times from Aruba and after coming home. Could not get anywhere as I kept getting told all that happened was because of an act of God. Never got any compensation for anything. I understand about the snow and wasn't complaining because of that. We just wanted some kind of compensation because of not having our luggage from Fri. to Tues. afternoon. That was US AIR.

Now we are able to laugh over it when subject comes up with family. However, we have always taken direct non stop since then.

Sorry for the lengthy message. Never a connecting flight from east coast though. That is unless it is through Atlanta or Georgia.
    Last edited by bud2sam; 07-21-2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: to add something

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    bud2sam, there is a way to check how many seats are left. Just go thru the motions like you're booking that flight, and before you check out, they ask you to pick your seats. Just go that far, see how many seats are available, then stop. I've done it so many times.

Thank will do. Is there an area to check what the price is for extra legroom? I couldn't find that on there site. Thanks

[Thank will do. Is there an area to check what the price is for extra legroom? I couldn't find that on there site. Thanks ]

yes there is. when you get to the point where you pick your seats, it will show you exactly which ones have more leg room and what the extra fee is. good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    [Thank will do. Is there an area to check what the price is for extra legroom? I couldn't find that on there site. Thanks ]

yes there is. when you get to the point where you pick your seats, it will show you exactly which ones have more leg room and what the extra fee is. good luck!

Thanks, just checked for price. $50.00 each way for the extra legroom.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Freaking AA screwed us on this one( we loved them at one point.)...no more direct...yah, we need the competition. Hate having a lay over, got screwed b4 on that ! Not happy here..

We use to take AA direct all the time. I really do want direct but JB is still high and husband told me to check price for AA Bos. to Miami & on to Aruba. Really don't want that but will check. Depends on how much the diff. is. Maybe it will be worth it. More to spend in Aruba.

Aruba since 1979
    The Jet Blue flights are not inexpensive.
    An alternative is AA out of Boston to JFK to AUA.
    the flight to jfk is real quick and then onto to aua.
    seems to me that if the savings are considerable.........$100 or more, it would be a logical /reasonable alternative.

same goes for routing thru miami although going mia from boston is almost a 4hr flight.
    then, another 2 hrs on to aruba.
    makes for a hugely long day.

delta connects thru atlanta
    air tran connects thru atlanta or orlando
    usair thru philly and charlotte

again, i recommend the AA connections the delta connections the usair connections and air tran over and above jet blue if the savings are considerable.
    your wallets dictate what is "considerable".

You really don't have to pay on JB for extra leg room their regular seats have plenty of leg room trust me....I will pay the extra money in the ticket price just to have a movie, extra leg room(in just their regular seats) and a non stop flight just makes the start of my vacation that much better....but thats me... I am not a tiny person so I like the extra roomy seats much more comfy for such a long ride.. but everyone is diiferent.
    Last edited by sunworshipperII; 07-21-2010 at 09:27 PM.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Sorry cindyo that they are so high, usually on a vacation week they would tend to be...keep checking.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast